CSS advice - Actinic Payments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CSS advice - Actinic Payments

having been customising the AP page in preparation for the next release i have made a number of changes to the css and its looking alot better.

However the continue button (which seems to be the wrong term IMHO, complete would seem better) is still hiding at the bottom of the page. To me this seems a little bit hidden for some customer, people used to shopping would scroll down but some might not easily spot it.

so can you css gurus out there tell me if i should avoid using the position: fixed; element and if so why? i only intend to use it to set it from the top of the page so it sits inside the credit card details box so the customer does not need to go looking for it. obviously using this means it will always be in the window, always on show, is this such a bad thing?

any suggestions or thoughts would be appreciated

darren
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Darren B; 05-Dec-2010, 07:32 PM. Reason: added a screen shot

does anyone have any advice or suggestions?

Comment

I would recommend using position:absolute as position:fixed will stay in the same place even if there is scrolling.

Position:absolute, will allow you to take the continue button out of the flow of the page relative to the first parent element.

Hope this helps
      Nicola MacLaren
      teclan The Ecommerce Experts
      0845 868 9380

Actinic Themes and Templates The largest selection of Actinic themes
      Ecommerce Web Design and Actinic Web Design
      Ecommerce Hosting and Actinic Hosting
      Actinic Search Engine Optimisation

Comment

Originally posted by nicolamaclaren View Post
        I would recommend using position:absolute as position:fixed will stay in the same place even if there is scrolling.

Position:absolute, will allow you to take the continue button out of the flow of the page relative to the first parent element.

Hope this helps
        I did try position absolute - well i think i did, i try again later and see if i can get it were i want it to

Thanks
        Darren

Comment

Working...
        X