Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Managing space in Product Layouts

Hi

I'm having problems getting my product layout compact. Is there any way of customizing where attributes go on the page? For each of my products I have 'packet sizes' and radio boxes and descriptions and actinic seems to put them all in places that leave huge amounts of space and take up more room on the page then necessary. I've had a look in the site options and changed it to 'Compact CSS' but the whole thing is still too big, this only allows me to have 2-3 products per page rather then several.

Thanks

If none of the product layouts suit your needs, then you'll have to create your own. Go to Design / Library / Layouts / Products. Right-click the layout that's closest to your needs and choose Copy. Rename that copy to something suitable and edit it to get the desired layout.

This way you won't have altered any existing layouts and can tinker with your new layout without breaking existing functionality.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Ok thanks, I've created my own custom layout but am struggling to understand where the code for changing the height of each product section is, the placing is all OK I just need the whole thing to be a bit smaller so it's not leaving a huge amount of space left.

Thanks

Comment

Get yourself firefox and firebug (both free), if you want to get into code changing, you'll need to thoroughly understand html and css. These tools are invaluable and used by most if not all designers to look at code in real time, well recommended. You can also make changes on the fly to see what effect your changes would make.

Comment

That's the problem I'm not brilliant with code

Comment

None of us were when we started, you'll be surprised how far you can get quite quickly with a bit of determination though, it's all quite logical once you understand the basics. If you don't have the time or the inclination to do it yourself, you could always go the conventional route a pay a professional to do things for you. The actinic site lists designers, which is a great place to start.

In the knowledgebase (KB) in this forum there are some basic html tutorials, great place to start.

Comment

Working...
            X