Removing Drop Down Section

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Removing Drop Down Section

Our website has a sliding dropdown section from our navigation bar and I am wanting to remove it - as it detracts from the look of the site.
    I can see the section in the code but am unsure of the best way to remove it without altering other aspects of the site.

Can anyone help??

I'm not sure how anyone can help or advise without seeing it, any chance of a URL?

Comment

Originally posted by leehack View Post
      I'm not sure how anyone can help or advise without seeing it, any chance of a URL?
      Oh yeah sorry it's www.lttvending.co.uk, either the 'Buy Ingredients' or 'Vending machines' tabs have the drop down menu.

Thanks

Comment

Welcome, Rebecca.

This isn't Actinic code but is done via a significant amount of custom code on your site.

The two dropdowns come from the chunk of code (presumably in your Overall Layout):
        Code:
        <li><a class="drop" href="vending-ingredients-supplies.html" onmouseover="tab_mouseover('dropdown_area_Ingredients')" onmouseout="tab_mouseout('dropdown_area_Ingredients')">Buy Ingredients</a></li><li><a class="drop" href="vending-machines-uk.html" onmouseover="tab_mouseover('dropdown_area_Vending Machines')" onmouseout="tab_mouseout('dropdown_area_Vending Machines')">Vending Machines</a></li>
        If you delete the above code that should get rid of the two items.

If you want to totally remove this capability, then you would also need to delete the line (again in your Overall Layout):
        Code:
        <script type="text/javascript" language="javascript" src="/acatalog/dropdown.js"></script>
        And delete all ocurrences of
        Code:
         onmouseover="slide_dropdown('up')"
        That are included in your other navigation bar items.

Backup and Snapshot first as this could easily go wrong!

P.S. Rather than detract from the site, I think that it's a good looking and useful menu. The drop-downs are in separate HTML files which should be easy to edit to keep up to date with the site structure.
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

I'm with Norman on this - I like those menus - they fit in with the overall look and feel well.
          Kind Regards
          Sean Williams

Calamander Ltd

Comment

Working...
          X