Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Options within Options

Hi everyone,

Just for the record I am using Actinic Business v10 with the latest update installed, and using the Smart theme.

Basically a few of the products on our site are available in standard form(Option 1), or can be configured by us for a small fee (Option 2). However if the customer would like us to configure the product for them, we need certain details from them.

I was wondering if there was a way that I could have these 2 product options as standard radio buttons, but when they choose 'Option 2' a text box appears or is enabled wherein they can type the information required (it would be handy if this would allow for a series of text boxes for one option)

Hope this makes sense.

Cheers

Have a look at "Having Two Other Info prompts" in the AVG, or possibly one of Drillpine's add-ons.
    Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

Not without significant custom coding. You might be able to add a True/False Variable "SpecialInfoRequired" to your Products that allows them to add extra code to the radio button if set. That code would show/hide a customised Other Info prompt - pre-filled with say "No info supplied" so that you don't get an error when submitted (other info is mandatory). Tweaks needed to layout Radio Button Choice, Product Layout, a Variable needs created and some JavaScript needs written.

Far easier just to have two products. One with, one without the special details and let the customer choose which they want to buy. If you need several different lines of customer input then my Multi Other Info add-on would help.
      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Thank you both for the quick reply, I'll look into these suggestions now thank you.

Comment

Working...
        X