siteincludes.php issue when restoring snapshots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

siteincludes.php issue when restoring snapshots

this one is in v8, but I suspect it may be in later version.

I've created customisations within siteincludes.php and then do a snapshot-export.
    I then change sites, and do a snapshot-import, and everything imports correctly (no errors)

trouble is, when you do a preview of a web page, you start to get errors, all from the siteincludes.php (which, in my case, has changed)

seems you need to do a restart of actinic in order for the new changes to come in.

Perhaps Actinic should detect that siteincludes.php has changed, and prompt for a re-start at the end.

(I realise that if you change siteincludes.php, then you need a restart, but it would be nice if actinic reminded you of it after importing snapshots, all it currently says "ok")

kev

Yes, a pain. You may even find that some PHP variables contain their values from the previous Actinic site if you've simply changed sites without a restart of Actinic.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

hmmm.
      that last bit about variable values hanging on from the last site is a bit worrying.

Comment

Re variable values being preserved form the last site. I did a quick test using 10.0.2 and that seems to be OK. Values set in siteincludes.php seem to be as expected when you change sites.

However my testing showed up another "gotcha". Add
        Code:
        !!<<actinic:block php="true">$myvariable .= ' Hello '; echo "Myvariable : $myvariable";</actinic:block>>!!
        to a Product Descption.

When starting the site and viewing that product for the first time, I'd expect to see:

Myvariable : Hello

But I get

Myvariable : Hello Hello Hello

It seems that Actinic (on Previewing anyway) is executing the Product Description several times. Don'tcha love quirks!
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
        X