creating block/condition for shopping cart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

creating block/condition for shopping cart

I'd like to try to create a condition for our sidebar shopping cart summary so that it only appears in the sidebar once you have added something to the cart - can anyone tell me how this works?

We have our side bar code in the overall layout :
    Code:
     <div id="right">
       <actinic:variable name="ShoppingCartSummary" value="Shopping Cart Summary In Box" />
       <actinic:variable name="CustomSidebarBox" value="Special offers (+)" />   
       <div><actinic:variable name="CustomSidebarBox" value="Freeshipping (+)" /></div><br/>
       <actinic:variable name="CustomSidebarBox" value="TrailZilla Affilliate" />
    Also, if at all possible it would be great to make the FreeShipping variable also conditional so that disappears when someone puts something in the cart - so the side bar doesn't get too crowded, but i'm not massively worried about this.

All help and suggestions gratefully received!

You can't use a blockif (if that's what you mean) on the website.
    These only work offline (to show Actinic what to include/not include when creating pages/uploading)
    Tracey

Comment

You'll have to use JavaScript. You can use getCartItem(3) to return the number of items in the shopping cart. If non zero, enable the display of the summary.

E.g (untested):
      Code:
      <span id="summary" style="display:none">
      SUMMARY CODE HERE
      </span>
      <script>
      if (getCartItem(3) > 0) document.getElementById('summary').style.display='';
      </script>
      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
      X