Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help with page layout

Hello.

I need some help formatting a page layout on our site. What i want is a line of text to span the width of the page as a sub-heading.

The page in question is http://www.printerbase.co.uk/acatalo...o-printers.php. So where you see the sub-headings 'Entry-Level', 'Medium Use' and 'High Volume' is where the line of text needs to go.

We use a 'Section Link Layout' for the 'Brother Mono Printers' heading which goes at the top of the page and specifies a column count of '1' for the first and last row of section lists and a column count of '3' for the section lists.

The problem is that if i add more text to the 'Entry-Level' sub-heading it doesn't span the page, it just widens the first column an wraps the text around. It seems like it should be a really simple thing to do but I can't seem to find a way of doing it. Am i just being really thick?

Any help or ideas would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

You're not being thick at all, the list layout gives you ability to alter top, bottom and all middle rows. Middle rows all follow the same rule, you can't get to those rows as standard as they use the 'global' rule.

What you want to do is possible, quite technical to achieve though, need a good understanding of actinic, html and css. You can create multiple section list layouts, each set to only show a certain amount of sections (you'd number them or add a filter of some kind) effectively choosing in which list you want the sections to show.

Or you can rid the list layout of the <table> approach, go for full CSS layout and have specific widths set on layouts used, which are all floated left so sit next to each other, their widths define what can sit next to each other, so your job is to add them in the right order and apply the correct layouts to each.

Personally i'd go with option 1, if you can't do that, contact a professional is probably the best idea.

Comment

Thanks for your reply. I'll have a go at option 1 and let you know how i get on.

Comment

Working...
      X