No announcement yet.

V9 Product Level Special Offers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi guys, been trying to make use of the listindex as outlined above to apply alternate styling but it doesn't seem to be working as I planned.

The listindex numbers *seem* erratic but i'm assuming it's to do with the way lists are constructed.

Im calling a list of all products then using a blockif to show only those products that have a variable == true.

This shows the intended products however the list indexes aren't 1, 2, 3, 4 etc they are 6, 19, 20 and 22 in one of my lists.

I'm assuming this is because the listindexes are assigned when the full list is called, then my custom variable block is picking the 6th, 19th, 20th and 22nd products. Is there a way of making it reindex the list or even a better way altogether?

I know I could use some php to make my own counter (which im quite capable of) but i'd rather keep to using actinic variables and functions where possible.

As an aside though, what are the implications of using php in actinic? I understand that the phpblocks are not handled server side they are parsed and uploaded as flat files and parsing php from the cgi-bin can be troublesome but are there any other things I should take into consideration?

Cheers, Rob
    Golf Grips Direct
    Hobby Tools

Comment

Actinics inbuilt PHP capability is used by Actinic (e.g. the comparisons in BlockIf's, formatting prices and in sizing images, etc). So you're doing nothing unusual by running a bit of your own code.

Look in the Advanced Guide for examples of PHP being used to get an idea of techniques that work.

Also you can embed PHP into product descriptions for some quick and dirty testing:
      Code:
      !!<
      <actinic:block php="true">
       phpinfo();
      </actinic:block>
      >!!
      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
      X