Editing New Products Layout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Editing New Products Layout

I posted this in Design section but with no response, so hoping this might be a better place. I am trying to insert a block and expression into the Mini New Products layout on my homepage so as to restrict the number of new products here (but not in New Products List), with <actinic:variable name="ListIndex" /> <= 3 as per Knowledge Base, but not working right so can anybody tell me exactly where I insert this block? I tried highlighting all code within this list and clicking Insert Block button, as instructed, but not right. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Sarah

Instead of spending time duplicate posting when you've not had a reply for a couple of hours (which is a pet hate of many of us who are likely to help), why don't you concentrate on providing better details or perhaps really help by showing us the code, a screenshot or maybe even both. You could even show us your completed code with the changes made and a screenshot of that, that would be perfect and most helpful, probably get a reply within 5 mins then. We're all volunteers, users just like you, the lion share of effort should always be done by you, not us.

Comment

Sorry

Sorry Lee. I gave all the code in my posting that there is provided in the Knowledge Base instructions for this. I have now sorted the problem myself by trial and error (by not selecting everything as the instructions say, but just highlighting the layout and then clicking Insert Block). I am very sorry to have been so impatient. I had noticed that a number of people had read my posting but weren't able to provide a reply, which is why I thought that it was not the right section.

Your reaction has put me off posting again, as I feel like a naughty girl.

Sarah

Comment

No need to be put off, better to learn what works and what annoys people as soon as you can, duplicate posting is pointless and actually slows things down if anything.

People's ability to reply has nothing to do with the section it is in, many of us use the new posts facility anyway which is a global look across all forums. In future if you've had many views and no replies, have a think if you can be more helpful, for instance you mention the KB article, do you think we should search the KB to find the article or would it be better for you to provide us with a link to it, so we can read it too?

Providing screenshots and showing us what you have done is always very helpful, far clearer than trying to read what you have done.

Don't think 'naughty', think better informed to get a quicker reply next time, nothing wrong with naughty but nice though.

Comment

Working...
        X