Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sub section lists

Hello folks,

Been scouring the forum for this and have found some 'almost' answers. What I'm trying to do is to show a list of the sub-sections applicable to the section you're in. Here's a rough idea of what I mean:

Section 1
    Section 2
    - Sub Section A
    - Product A (* let's say I'm viewing here *)
    - Sub Section B
    - Sub Section C
    Section 3

So in this example I'm viewing product A above. I want the sub section list to show Sub Section A, Sub Section B and Sub Section C, and nothing else. I've been using the code below but it only does what I want it to when I'm one level above, in Section 2. (Which is pointless because the sections are showing the main area!) I'm not far away with this, but it needs a tweak and I'm not sure what. Has anyone done this themselves?

Code:
    <actinic:block type="ChildSectionList" > 
    <li><a class="product_section" href="<actinic:variable Name="SectionPageName"/>"> 
       <actinic:variable name="SectionName" />
    </a></li>
    </actinic:block>
    Cheers
    Stuart

The KB has at least one article on this, explaining how to use the MainSection:: facility. Locate that, pretty sure that will do what you want. I think in basic terms it checks to see if this sections name is the same as current sections name, if so then it shows the child sections.

Comment

How did I know you would be the man with the answer!! Thanks Lee.
      Cheers
      Stuart

Comment

Cos i'm the only pratt up at this time working? oops, no make that two of us lol.

Comment

Correct! I may be posting on a couple of other topics over the next 24 hours so brace yourself!
          Cheers
          Stuart

Comment

Working...
          X