Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing banner position

Hi,

I'm looking for help changing the position of the banners on my homepage, I've searched for the corresponding code in the HTML but am having no luck! The Title text seems to be in the correct position but the image is way off centre.

I'm trying to create a simple layout which has one large banner filling the whole page and maybe later on having a couple of smaller banners below. Trouble is I can't get the banner to sit in the centre of the homepage.

If you have a look here you will see what I mean.

Any help appreciated,
    Sean.

The overall layout content is within a div styled from the stylesheet at fixed width and floated right, you can change the width at #content-area
    Peblaco

Comment

Awesome! Thank you very much.

Comment

Ah! you're one step ahead of me, just came back to ask for advice. How do you know this stuff!?

Under the section you directed me to, the only "content area" reference I could find was as follows...

Code:
        /* Styles for post-v11 inner layouts if used in pre-v11 themes */

.content-area p {
        	font-size: <actinic:variable name="StandardFontSize" />;
        	color: <actinic:variable name="TextColor" />;
        }
        .content-area li a:link {
        	color: <actinic:variable name="Palette1" />;
        }
        I'm unsure if this is the correct part to edit and if so, where to add in the padding.

Thanks again for your help.

Comment

Must be psychic. Try the Academic Stylesheet.
          Peblaco

Comment

Originally posted by peblaco View Post
            Must be psychic
            I meant your extensive Actinic/HTML knowledge

I have altered the code to read what you quoted, clicked 'apply' and published to web but it doesn't seem to have taken effect on the site. Could there be anything preventing this change?

Comment

Hmm, I tried that before posting, I've retried but still no change...

Under the /* Overall Structure */ section of the Academic Stylesheet the '#content-area' section reads as follows...

Code:
              #content-area { padding: 10px; }
              	color: <actinic:variable name="TextColor" />;
              	width: 576px;
              	float: left;
              	padding: 0;
              	margin: 10px 0px 0px 0px;
              I dont see any other instances of a #conten-area section, perhaps I'm in the wrong layout code?

Comment

Still having no luck, Ive changed the code within Fresh Stylesheet and reverted to the original code in the Academic Stylesheet as you directed.
                Sorry about this

Any other suggestions?

Comment

Ah yeah, apologies, I had forgotten about that. Looking great now, many thanks Louise. I have much to learn! Are there any books/websites/blogs you'd recommend to use as a reference guide/learn from? What's the best way to build up knowledge?

Comment

Working...
                  X