some one's adding a IE7 "tax" to their website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

some one's adding a IE7 "tax" to their website

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-18440979 talks of an Australian calculating an extra surcharge for anyone using IE7 on his e-commerce website.
    the idea is that
    I was constantly on the line to my web team. The amount of work and effort involved in making our website look normal on IE7 equalled the combined time of designing for Chrome, Safari and Firefox and try to recoup the amount of money I've spent working on such an atiquated browser
    the aim is to get people to use more up to date browsers.

does anyone think its a good idea, and if so, what sort of code would be required inside actinic

a) No. It's not a good idea.
    b) No. you shouldn't do it. Someone else has done it first.
    c) I don't know what code is required but I'm sure someone will come along and insist it's critical for Actinic to do as it will boost rankings for a search on 'IE7 tax' and that search term is growing at 10,000% a day, thereby highlighting it's importance to all ecommerce operators.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

personally, I'm on IE6, never seen the need to go to IE7

Comment

IE6. Way too modern! It's Lynx for me.
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

careful Norman, you know what the deoderant does for the girls

Comment

it will boost rankings for a search on 'IE7 tax' and that search term is growing at 10,000% a day, thereby highlighting it's importance to all ecommerce operators.
            I thought that it was "Keyword not provided" that was important as an e commerce search term?
            Steve Griggs.

"People in business often miss opportunities, mainly because they usually arrive dressed in overalls and looking like work."

www.kitchenwareonline.com
            www.microwave-repair.co.uk

Comment

Working...
            X