Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

altering size of main content area

Hi,

I'm trying to extend the size of the main content area, I have moved the Shopping Cart to the left sidebar leaving a 178px margin of nothing but white space. What I'd like to do is use that space as main content area. I had tried editing the style sheet, adding the 178px to the main content area value as well as changing the right sidebar width to 0px but this hasn't worked.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks.

We'll need a URL...

Comment

Which theme / template are you using?. Also you could check the Settings menu > Site Options > the first two tabs have widths related to content in the central area.
      Peblaco

Comment

Originally posted by peblaco View Post
        Which theme / template are you using?.
        It's the Edge Theme

Also you could check the Settings menu > Site Options > the first two tabs have widths related to content in the central area.
        Yeah, I tried that first, it just shifted everything below the left sidebar leaving a huge white space in the main content area. I've tried it again and it hasn't made any difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan Rounding View Post
          We'll need a URL...
          Schoolboy error. Apologies, its http://www.dyerworkwear.co.uk

Comment

Looks like you probably still have a width setting in the CSS style sheet to sort out which are affecting the sizes of the main area. The setting for #left-area is 781px however you have #content-area width 580px that looks like the one you need to change.
            Peblaco

Comment

Looks like you probably still have a width setting in the CSS style sheet to sort out which are affecting the sizes of the main area. The setting for #left-area is 781px however you have #content-area width 580px that looks like the one you need to change.
              Thanks, I've changed #content-area to 780px but its dropped to the bottom of the page, below the left sidebar. Do I need to change #left-area?

Comment

Yes your left-area is not big enough, it goes around the left sidebar and central content too.
                Peblaco

Comment

Yes your left-area is not big enough, it goes around the left sidebar and central content too.
                  Thanks! I was deceived by the 'left' part into thinking that only controlled the left sidebar. Think that's it sorted now. Cheers Louise.

Comment

Working...
                  X