Displaying "POA" when no price available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Displaying "POA" when no price available

I have searched the forum, but only been able to find posts dated back in 2006.
    I would like to display "POA" in the price field wthin the product when there is no available price. Is anybody aware of any new developments here or able to point me in the correct direction please.
    Adrian Boshoff
    http://www.servatech.co.za

Which version of Sellerdesk (Actinic) are you using ? and when you say no price is available, do you mean when the price is £0.00?

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Mike, I am using v11 and
      yes, when the price value is R00.00 then I need it to display POA. (R = ZAR South African Rands)
      Adrian Boshoff

Comment

There are several ways of doing this Adrian.

1. Tick the "can be ordered online" box for the 0 priced products, thereby removing the add to cart. You can replace this with a POA message directly in the layout
        2. Create a custom product layout that has POA instead of an add to cart button, then simply select this layout for all 0R products
        3. Write a BLOCKIF condition into the add to cart button layout to remove the button and replace with POA if the price is 0R

there are a few more I can think of but perhaps one of these might fit the bill?
        Fergus Weir - teclan ltd
        Ecommerce Digital Marketing

SellerDeck Responsive Web Design

SellerDeck Hosting
        SellerDeck Digital Marketing

Comment

Thanks Fergus, Option 3 seems the best option for me. I have not worked with Blockifs before but will give feedback.
          Adrian Boshoff

Comment

Sample code using a BlockIf and the ProductPriceRaw variable:
            Code:
            <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22ProductPriceRaw%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%200">
            	NO PRICE
            </actinic:block>

<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22ProductPriceRaw%22%20%2f%3e%20%21%3d%200" >
            	HAS PRICE
            Norman - www.drillpine.biz
            Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

And if it was me, I'd probably want the 'POA' to have some way of the customer taking action. Maybe linking to price request form or something similar.

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by fergusw View Post
                There are several ways of doing this Adrian.

1. Tick the "can be ordered online" box for the 0 priced products, thereby removing the add to cart. You can replace this with a POA message directly in the layout
                2. Create a custom product layout that has POA instead of an add to cart button, then simply select this layout for all 0R products
                3. Write a BLOCKIF condition into the add to cart button layout to remove the button and replace with POA if the price is 0R

there are a few more I can think of but perhaps one of these might fit the bill?
                With option 2. Is there a way of selecting a layout for multiple products, or does it have to be done manually. I looked at the Valid options for importing, both Flat and Heirarchical and it doesn't appear as if there is an option.
                Adrian Boshoff

Comment

I am finally attempting to insert a BlockIf into the Add to Cart Button Layout , if the ProductPriceRaw = 0, then display "Price on application", but if the ProductPriceRaw >0 then just carry on with the standard Add to Cart Button code. It is working to a point, ie, it is adding the Price on Application when the price is 0, but it is still adding the (not removing the) Add to Cart button in.
                  Please see code below. This is my first attempt at using BlockIfs.

<span id="RemoveIfOutOfStock_<actinic:variable name="ProductReference" selectable="false" />" class="ActinicRTS" >
                  <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22ProductPriceRaw%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%200" >
                  PRICE ON APPLICATION
                  <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22ProductCostPriceRaw%22%20%2f%3e%20%3e%200" >

<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22CartButtonVisibleToAllCustomers%22%20%2f%3e" >
                  <!-- This code is used when the cart button is visible to all customers -->
                  <span class="button-wrapper cart-button-wrapper"><input value="<Actinic:Variable Name="CartButtonText"/>" name="_<Actinic:Variable Name="ProductID"/>" type="submit" class="button cart-button" /></span>

<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22EnabledForCustomerGroupID%22%20%2f%3e%20%21%3d%20%22%22">
                  <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22ProductPriceIsEnabled%22%20%2f%3e">
                  <!-- This code is used when the cart button is visible to retail customers, but not all other customer groups -->
                  <Actinic:ShowForPriceSchedule Schedules="<actinic:variable name="EnabledForCustomerGroupID" />">
                  <span class="button-wrapper cart-button-wrapper"><input value="<Actinic:Variable Name="CartButtonText"/>" name="_<Actinic:Variable Name="ProductID"/>" type="submit" class="button cart-button" /></span>
                  </Actinic:ShowForPriceSchedule>

<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22ProductPriceIsEnabled%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20FALSE" >
                  <!-- This code is used when the cart button needs to hidden from retail customers -->
                  <Actinic:ShowForPriceSchedule Schedules="<actinic:variable name="EnabledForCustomerGroupID" />" HTML="<span class='button-wrapper cart-button-wrapper'><input value='<Actinic:Variable Name="CartButtonText"/>' name='_<Actinic:Variable Name="ProductID"/>' type='submit' class='button cart-button' /></span>"></Actinic:ShowForPriceSchedule>
                  </span>
                  Adrian Boshoff

Comment

There are 6 off <actinic:block if but only 5 off </actinic:block> in the above code. There needs to be a matching number.
                    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
                    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

I have adapted Norman's code above to the Add to Cart Layout as below. The code appears to work fine, but not "always" on duplicate products. Is there something that I may be missing here. I want my Add to cart to display if there is a Price > 0, but if the Price <= 0 then it must display NO PRICE.

<span id="RemoveIfOutOfStock_<actinic:variable name="ProductReference" selectable="false" />" class="ActinicRTS" >
                      <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22CartButtonVisibleToAllCustomers%22%20%2f%3e" >
                      <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22ProductPriceRaw%22%20%2f%3e%20%20%3c%3d%20%200" >
                      NO PRICE
                      <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22ProductPriceRaw%22%20%2f%3e%20%20%3e%200" >
                      <!-- This code is used when the cart button is visible to all customers -->
                      <span class="button-wrapper cart-button-wrapper"><input value="<actinic:variable name="CartButtonText" />" name="_<Actinic:Variable Name="ProductID"/>" type="submit" class="button cart-button" /></span>

<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22EnabledForCustomerGroupID%22%20%2f%3e%20%21%3d%20%22%22">
                      <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22ProductPriceIsEnabled%22%20%2f%3e">
                      <!-- This code is used when the cart button is visible to retail customers, but not all other customer groups -->
                      <Actinic:ShowForPriceSchedule Schedules="<actinic:variable name="EnabledForCustomerGroupID" />">
                      </Actinic:ShowForPriceSchedule>

<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22ProductPriceIsEnabled%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20FALSE" >
                      <!-- This code is used when the cart button needs to hidden from retail customers -->
                      <Actinic:ShowForPriceSchedule Schedules="<actinic:variable name="EnabledForCustomerGroupID" />" HTML="<span class='button-wrapper cart-button-wrapper'><input value='<Actinic:Variable Name="CartButtonText"/>' name='_<Actinic:Variable Name="ProductID"/>' type='submit' class='button cart-button' /></span>"></Actinic:ShowForPriceSchedule>
                      </span>
                      Adrian Boshoff

Comment

I can't think why it's not consistent but it might be worth testing that it isn't one of the other conditions that is displaying the add to cart button.

A bit of extra text in those conditions would show if they're triggering for some reason.

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Hughes View Post
                          I can't think why it's not consistent but it might be worth testing that it isn't one of the other conditions that is displaying the add to cart button.

A bit of extra text in those conditions would show if they're triggering for some reason.

Mike
                          I added some text in the other conditions but made no difference
                          Adrian Boshoff

Comment

I guess the only other thing I can think of is to capture and display the ProductPriceRaw value to see why it might be triggering the add to cart button.

If you do it in the same block of code it will also verify that it's that block that is triggering.

Mike

Comment

Here is an example of the error on a test site.

http://www.cartridgesonline.co.za/ac...Color_IIs.html

Both products in this section have no price, but the top one still displays an AddToCart button while the bottom one displays "No Price".
                              If you "click for more..." on the top one, then in the actual product, it is correct with "No Price"
                              Adrian Boshoff

Comment

Working...
                              X