Display Country on Orders Screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Display Country on Orders Screen

With the change due to Brexit, there is an extra requirement to quickly recognize the customer Country

Is there a way to include the Invoice and/or dispatch Country on the main order display screen/tab?

Shipping Class is there, but this is not detailed enough to highlight countries where an EU style invoice should be printed or not (country name would be better and clerarer)

This would also allow to sort all orders by country for analysis

Any thoughts?

Probably needs some changes...

I believe the one-click complete in the software is pritning only the regular invoice for any order... so the EU ones will be wrong always at the moment.

Comment

That would require a programmatic change in the software, but I can see the benefit of it. I will investigate and find out how feasible it is.
      Bruce Townsend
      Ecommerce Product Manager
      Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

While you're there Bruce, can you look at adding Total Order Weight as a column too.
        Elysium:Online - Official Accredited SellerDeck Partner
        SellerDeck Design, Build, Hosting & Promotion
        Based in rural Northants

Comment

...and I'd like a column for 'delivered'.

That screen is getting rather full and I only ever look at a couple of them so I think the best solution would be to make the columns selectable for display / hide, maybe set the order they're displayed and maybe have the option of being able to set the column heading for one or two spare columns.

As an example use, I'd like to be able to see whether an item has been delivered yet and I think I could do this quite easily as an extension to pick up the data using the royal mail tracking API. All I really need is a column I can set to show the delivery date or status.
          -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

The columns on that screen are selectable for display
            Based in rural Northants

Comment

The columns on that screen are selectable for display
              So they are!

all we need now are some new columns and in my case the ability to set the Column heading and the variable for them to display.

Comment

That's a good call Mike
                Based in rural Northants

Comment

We're trying to get a release out in the next couple of weeks to fix the few main issues affecting the Brexit requirements. That will have the Delivery Country added to the Orders grid.

The other requests are more difficult. We'll try to add the Weight in the following release.

Mike, where would the delivery date come from? There's no field for that, it's not something the software is normally aware of. And you can't use custom variables with orders. Off the top of my head, my best suggestion would be that we add the Order Status to the grid. You can create a custom order status 'Delivered' in Business Settings | Online Order Tracking, and it could be set by your extension. I don't think extensions support record locking in the Order tables, but an order that's been shipped is unlikely to have it's status updated by another method, so there shouldn't be a conflict.
                  Bruce Townsend
                  Ecommerce Product Manager
                  Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

Hi Bruce,

Thanks. That would be the perfect way to do it and would be a good use of existing functionality and variables. I've had a quick test with the custom order status and that all seems to work fine. I also have the option of adding the full tracking response into the order journal if I want to so everything is looking good.

So, yes please. Add the Order Status to the orders grid.

Comment

Working...
                    X