logged out when moving to catalog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

logged out when moving to catalog

I am developing a client site. It is v12 because their office Access database is in a close relationship with the Actinic database in a way that no one understands! The chap you devised it is no longer available.

I have therefore created a bootstrap outer page layout and bussed in the v14 responsive plumbing as it were. It is working quite well.

Brochure home page is index.html and the Catalog Home Page is acatalog/index.html

https://www.graphiczdev.uk/v4csmart/

Login is under 'Account' at the top when on a section page. Log in with
    Guest Guest
    testtest
    and you go to the brochure home page. Move to 'Buy Gift Cards' (Section page) and you are logged out.

The problem is that on logging in when on a section page the customer is taken to the brochure home page. He is then logged out when he moves to the catalog.

Why would the customer be logged out moving from brochure to catalog?

The defaut behaviour is that the ciustomer is returned to the page they logged in from but this is not happening.

I have used this AccountsScript.pl edit on another instance of the site: (https://community.sellerdeck.com/for...en-they-log-in) and added the following to AccountsScript.pl which was otherwise a default file

Code:
         if ($::g_bJustAfterLogin)
    {
    $::g_InputHash{PRODUCTPAGE} = 'acatalog/index.html';
    $ACTINIC::B2B->Set('ProductPage',
    $::g_InputHash{PRODUCTPAGE});
    }
    and it seems to do the trick, but I would rather fix it so that when you login from a section page you stay on the section page.

Thank you!

Jonathan Chappell
    Website Designer
    SellerDeck Website Designer
    Actinic to SellerDeck upgrades
    Graphicz Limited - www.graphicz.co.uk

Move to 'Buy Gift Cards' (Section page) and you are logged out.
    Isn't this just because the link you have for 'Buy Gift Cards' goes to the static HTML version of the page rather than using the cgi-bin equivalent of /v4csmart/cgi/bb000001.pl?PRODUCTPAGE=index%2ehtml?

I don't know if this is because you've hard coded it or sellerdeck is messing up the link. I don't use customer accounts so have no experience of how it should work.

Mike

The default behaviour is that the customer is returned to the page they logged in from but this is not happening.
    PS. I did get returned to the page I was on after logging in. You might try clearing the cookie to see if that solves this problem.
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Hi Mike, Thank you

That is interesting as the link is to the
      Code:
      <actinic:variable name="SSLCatalogURL" />
      which should do it automatically.

I will try this:

Code:
      <actinic:variable name="SSLCGIURL" />bb<actinic:variable name="CGIScriptIDText" /><actinic:variable name="CGIScriptExtension" />?PRODUCTPAGE=index%2ehtml?
      Jonathan Chappell
      Website Designer

Comment

Doing this I just get to the no cookies notice each time!
        Jonathan Chappell
        Website Designer

Comment

Working...
        X