Pick and mix type page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pick and mix type page

We sell frozen fish food – for shipping it’s best to ensure customers buy 1.5 kg ( 15 x 100g units) Currently offered like this

https://www.devotedly-discus.co.uk/a...ter-Packs.html

This works fine, but increasingly I’m being asked for the 15 units to be a mixture of the four varieties available, rather than all the same type.

I have tried making mixed boxes as a product, but it’s difficult to cover all the combinations, so I was looking to offer a "pick and mix" type page.

If I create 4 new products ( each variety of food available in outers of 5) is there a way to list them as a pick and mix option ?

What I don’t want to happen is people order 1 x pack of 5 ( 500g) because it would cause shipping issues (remaining frozen) and I know from experience customers don’t all read things, so there seems little point putting “minimum order 3 units”

I was hoping it is possible to create a list, single add to cart button and if possible, block any attempt to complete the checkout if the minimum weight of 1.5 kg was not achieved, I did see an old thread from 2007, but unsure if it came to anything,

https://community.sellerdeck.com/forum/sellerdeck-ecommerce-software/sellerdeck-v9-v8/34662-pick-n-mix-not-possible

Or maybe Drillpines Normatrix would be a solution for me.

Any ideas appreciated.
    www.devotedly-discus.co.uk

It looks to me as if there's only three varieties? Regular, Colour and Spirulina.

I have to admit I'd be tempted to keep it easy and just offer a 1.5Kg mixed pack with 500g of each.

-----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Thank you - you are probably right Mike.

www.devotedly-discus.co.uk

Comment

You can create a mixed pack of products by adding the individual products as components, then ticking 'Assembly Product' in the 'General' tab of the product details. You can have a different quantity of each constituent product (set in the component details), and stock control is maintained on all of them. However customers cannot choose their own quantities. See 'Pack Products and Bundles' in the main help for more information if this is of interest.
        Bruce Townsend
        Ecommerce Product Manager
        Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

Working...
        X