X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding a Product Message

Further to KB post link below:
    https://community.sellerdeck.com/for...d-on-each-page

I would be interested to know if a similar method could be used to display a general message to appear above the description for each product page?
    Martin
    Mantra Audio

It certainly could. Place of Setting for the variable would need to be both Site and Product. Put it in the Product Page Product Layout in a line above the ProductDescription variable, wrapped in the same type of tag (eg <p></p>)
    Bruce Townsend
    Ecommerce Product Manager
    Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

Thank you for the heads up, Bruce.

I have created 2 new variables for "ProductMessage" and "ProductMessageContent" similar to "TEMPMESSAGE" and "TEMPMESSAGECONTENT" under Other with Place of Setting for both Site and Product and inserted the code below under the ProductName variable of the Product Page RWD Layout:

Code:
      <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22ProductMessage%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20true" ><div class="temp-message"><actinic:variable name="ProductMessageContent" /></div></actinic:block>
      I have entered some sample Content of Product Message under Site Options | Other flagged True but for some reason I am not able to get the content to Display - see Screenshot attached - only blank maroon banner displays.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ProductMessage.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	335.2 KB
ID:	556749

Any ideas why this could be?
      Attached Files
      Martin
      Mantra Audio

Comment

Hi Martin,

The maroon block showing suggests that the Blockif is active on that page so the ProductMessage Variable appears to be working.

The lack of any text suggests that there's either a problem with the ProductMessageContent variable or nothing has been entered in this instance.

You could try manually entering some text just within the DIV to verify that the rest of the code is working as you want it to. Then it's just a case of figuring out exactly what the problem is with the ProductMessageContent. variable.

Mike

-----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Hi Mike

Thank you for the suggestion.

Yes - inserting text within the DIV verifies the rest of the code is working so I have applied this for now.

I have added a separate code block on the Current Stylesheet for a "product-message" to display red text on white background and a smaller font size.

The ProductMessageContent variable appears to be as it should be so not sure why the text is not displayed using this as expected!

I have noted also that this kind of message can be entered and ticked to display under Business Settings | Terms and Conditions | Marketing Message.
          Martin
          Mantra Audio

Comment

The ProductMessageContent variable appears to be as it should be so not sure why the text is not displayed using this as expected!
            Yes, it is very odd. I've generally found that as long as you have the variable set to type 'Text' and give it a value it display fine.

The only other thing I can think of to check is if you go into the design tab and right click on the variable and then select 'Edit Appearance'. Just to make sure you haven't applied any encoding on it.

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Hughes View Post

The only other thing I can think of to check is if you go into the design tab and right click on the variable and then select 'Edit Appearance'. Just to make sure you haven't applied any encoding on it.
              The appearance is the same as that for the TEMPMESSAGECONTENT variable that displays just fine using the Responsive Outer Layout except for the addition of Product Place Of Setting.

I wonder if there is a bug in there somewhere (v18.2.2) that is preventing it from displaying in the Product Page Body RWD Layout!
              Martin
              Mantra Audio

Comment

Working...
              X