Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CGI Bin Links Bypas

Good Morning,

Just before attempting this, can anyone who has used it give me an idea as to weather it works in V12, bypassing the cgi-bin for best seller lists I thought should have been fixed, given all the smaller irritants have been addressed:

http://community.sellerdeck.com/showthread.php?t=32892

A few years ago I had some input on a site that used a 3 column layout under each product page to allow us to upsell, the products were duplicates hard coded back to the main item, it was a time consuming job given it was so manual, however the sites internal link structure was very good and not like any other I have seen, when the site was upgraded we moved these lists to the standard features of also bought, the link structure went down soon after, this I can only put down to the 3 column layout and hard coded links, creating an internal link system that bounced between relevant pages. This could be acheived by use of the best sellers and also bought lists but unfortunately not whilst they rely on the cgi-bin for the link.

Any thoughts or a possible work around if the old thread is no longer possible would be greatly appreciated.
    Many Thanks
    Lee
    www.mdnsupplies.co.uk
    www.hookandloopfasteners.co.uk

It should work. The change was voted here. The software at the moment still has cgi-bin links but have the nofollow tag to avoid being indexed by search engines.
    Peblaco

Comment

Hi Louise,

I saw that and was suprised that the most popular irritant didnt get addressed, the no-follow is all and well but gives no help to link structure, I will give the code a try, but do think that Sellerdeck should address this in the next release.
      Many Thanks
      Lee
      www.mdnsupplies.co.uk
      www.hookandloopfasteners.co.uk

Comment

Working...
      X