v8 search results duplicate phrases onthe same line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

v8 search results duplicate phrases onthe same line

looking at the search results (within actinic, not google) I frequently get the same phrase repeated
    example
    G5 Modular Hemi Wheelchair (G5 Modular Hemi Wheelchair)
    whereby the red part (<a Href>) is identical to the blue part albeit in brackets

is there any patches to the perl search results scripts that can test whether phrase-in-red=phrase-in-blue and so suppress the blue part.

I've also got quite a few pages that effectively show just links to the actual products (is all products by colour, manufacturer etc) as part of the build process, all the required poducts come from a simple list of product codes held in the fragment text, and PHP goes off and builds the required links. - works a treat and prevents any duplication issues anywhere in the system

when I searched for a phrase it offered tabbedList (G5 Modular Hemi Wheelchair)
    clearly (to me) the red phrase came from the title of the fragment containing the list of products,
    we ended up changing the "tabbedList" to "By Manufacturer" or "By Colour" - not clever but it clearly got over the meaningless word "tabbedList" within the search results and ended up with By Manufacturer (G5 Modular Hemi Wheelchair)

is there any patches that can suppress this "tabbedList" behaviour as well??

kev

Repeated text: Go to Settings / Search... / Results / Display Options and see if you've got Section Name checked. If so try unchecking it.

tabbedList: You can have a fragment title that's just a single space.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

thanks Norman.
      I'll find the settings and turn it off.

Comment

Working...
      X