Login on navbar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Login on navbar?

I've read through various post about trying to add link buttons to my navbar, but can't seem to get it quite right;

I tried using a brochure page & fragment, but I believe that this wont work for a simple link?

There is a "contact us" button on the navbar which as far as I can see works in the same way as what I'm looking for, so I've clicked on the button in design which takes me to "horizontal brochure nave bar" / "Horizontal brochure page list", the "click here to edit list layout settings" takes me to what I'm assuming is the code for the "contact us" button (in "overall design" / "end of list" );

<li>
    <a href="<actinic:variable name="SendMailPageLink" />">Contact</a>
    </li>

I've copied this directly below itself in "end of list" & replaced the <act.....ink" /> with the full url of the login page & with just login.html, but neither seem to work, either resulting in a blank centre page or page not found error......

Am I doing this in the wrong place or am I making a backside of the code?

Any advice appreciated.
    Air Tech Equipment Ltd - Online Airbrush, Craft & Graphics equipment supplier

Seems right, are you able to publish?.
    Peblaco

Comment

Many thanks - Knowing that I was heading in the right direction & not flogging a dead donkey I've now managed to get it sorted I think.

http://www.air-craft.net/acatalog/Ai...per-Small.html

Looks like I need to expand my knowledge of what the </.=" type stuff does!

I've also never really used "publish this page" for testing before - handy & just a tad quicker than uploading everything......

Cheers!
      Air Tech Equipment Ltd - Online Airbrush, Craft & Graphics equipment supplier

Comment

The SD2013 default: <Actinic:NOTINB2B><li><a href="<actinic:variable name="LoginPageURL" />" onclick="AppendParentSection(this)"><actinic:variable name="LoginText" /></a></li></Actinic:NOTINB2B>
        This has the full code, NOTINB2B tags hides the login if logged in (as per here), the variable and onclick generates the correct link.
        Peblaco

Comment

Working...
        X