Embedded Preview Compatibility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Embedded Preview Compatibility

Is it possible to change the Embedded Preview Compatibility to run Moz or WebKit ... or is the program grafted genetically to IE?

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Just to add to the experience on a Win7 machine running IE10 ... if I change the compatibility to IE=10 so the CSS3 effects & HTML5 layouts show correctly as soon as I click on a section SellerDeck crashes.

Reverting to IE=9 resolves the ability to click on sections but I lose the effects and formatting.

Bikster

Comment

** bump **

Can anyone from SellerDeck please let me know if this is possible or is it one for the wish list - selectable external browser options similar to what is available in DreamWeaver et al would be a great bonus. Especially when online software only works in the browser you have open this could be a nice differential for marketing to developers.

Bikster

Comment

Originally posted by jont View Post
        or is the program grafted genetically to IE?
        The software uses an IE runtime to display the preview so we only use the 'wininet.dll' library and currently there is a known bug with regard to the IE10 compatibility setting.

To be able to support other browsers we would need to have access to their API, so currently it is not possible, I will however post a wish list item with regard to this.

Comment

I guessed as much but thanks for confirming.

It would be a nice addition, if somewhat not widely appreciated - even the ability to select between different browsers in the external preview would be a great asset.

Bikster

Comment

Hands up also for an option to select which browser to preview in.

Comment

I actually typed out a wish list post for that the other day but the browser crashed and I was distracted with going home!

Bikster

Comment

Working...
              X