Add This on Pages with Multiple Products

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Add This on Pages with Multiple Products

I know add-this has been thrashed to death over the years but most threads are related to using isnotpreview blocks rather than the operation of the add-this scripts.

I am adding add-this to a client site which has multiple products on a page. I want to be able to place the add-this buttons on each product so that when you click on Facebook for example the script picks up the correct product name and image.

All I can get working is that the script picks up the first found image on the page rather than the product image (in most cases an image from the best sellers list in the sidebar). The pop up facebook posting page also seems to retail it's cache as well.

Does anyone have this working in this way that can assist?

The script is the latest available as follows:
    Code:
    <!-- AddThis Button BEGIN -->
    <div class="addthis_toolbox addthis_default_style ">
    <a class="addthis_button_preferred_1"></a>
    <a class="addthis_button_preferred_2"></a>
    <a class="addthis_button_preferred_3"></a>
    <a class="addthis_button_preferred_4"></a>
    <a class="addthis_button_compact"></a>
    <a class="addthis_counter addthis_bubble_style"></a>
    </div>
    <script type="text/javascript">var addthis_config = {"data_track_addressbar":true};</script>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="//s7.addthis.com/js/300/addthis_widget.js#pubid=xxxxxxxx"></script>
    <!-- AddThis Button END -->

It would be great to have a solution to this. I've also tried to implement something similar.. (and failed)
    Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

I've been experimenting with the 'Share this' code.

The Pinterest button is excellent as it shows up every image on the page, allowing the user to choose which image to pin.

However the facebook share option seems to choose 5 random images.. some are not even on the page in question!
      Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

This is exactly what I see too.

Is there any other code rather than add
        -this that is worth trying?

Comment

I'm actually using 'Share This' which is a different brand but basically the same thing.

It works pretty well especially as I said on the 'Pinterest' share.. but sadly the facebook image share is random.
          Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

Working...
          X