Holiday Notice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holiday Notice

I am going on holiday for 2 weeks and want to be able to let people know that orders placed during this time will not be posted until a certain date. Is there any easy way of letting people know this before checkout? A homepage notice only covers those that join the website via the homepage.

You can easily put a message on every page by editing the external design layout.

I like to put the message just before the pages product / section content. So putting something like

<div align="center" style="color:red;"><br><b>August 2014: This is my holiday message.<br></b><br><br></div>
    before the INNERLAYOUT selector should do it. This will then appear on every page including the shopping cart and checkout pages.

Once you have this working you can either change it to a marketing message during normal operations or just comment it out.

You can also use the standard sellerdeck marketing message for this but I prefer to use my own HTML.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

You could use the menu options Header Text and Footer Text which is at Settings menu > Site Options > General tab > Header Text / Footer Text > adding text in those fields should show a message at the top and bottom of all pages across the website. You can add HTML formatting to that field for example if you wanted to have larger text, bold or a different colour.
      Peblaco

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Hughes View Post
        You can easily put a message on every page by editing the external design layout.

I like to put the message just before the pages product / section content. So putting something like

before the INNERLAYOUT selector should do it. This will then appear on every page including the shopping cart and checkout pages.

Once you have this working you can either change it to a marketing message during normal operations or just comment it out.

You can also use the standard sellerdeck marketing message for this but I prefer to use my own HTML.

Mike
        this sounds idea Mike. Could you bear to talk me through the stages in order to achieve this. I am a novice at coding etc

Comment

Originally posted by peblaco View Post
          You could use the menu options Header Text and Footer Text which is at Settings menu > Site Options > General tab > Header Text / Footer Text > adding text in those fields should show a message at the top and bottom of all pages across the website. You can add HTML formatting to that field for example if you wanted to have larger text, bold or a different colour.
          Thanks Louise, I am going to have a try at the previous option suggested but if it is too difficult I will try this. Thank you for posting.

Comment

Could you bear to talk me through the stages in order to achieve this
            In Sellerdeck:

1. Click on the 'Design' tab. this is where you edit the page layouts.

2. Click the 'Page Preview' tab so you can see what the page looks like.

3. Inside the preview window. Click on the page's header logo (or somwhere similar). This will select the 'ExternalDesign' layout.

4. Just to the right of 'Page Preview' tab will be one that says 'Layout Code - ExternalDesign'. Click this tab and you'll see a page of html and sellerdeck code.

5. Scroll down the page until you see the layout selector saying 'INNERLAYOUT'. It be in Pink, all capitals and underlined.

6. copy and paste the the code from my earlier post just before the INNERLAYOUT selector.

7. Click 'Apply' to fix the changes. Then you can preview the changes to see what they look like on your page.

If you're at all unsure about any of this then:

a) Do a site snapshot before you make any changes.
            b) Ask for clarification.

Mike

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Hughes View Post
              In Sellerdeck:

1. Click on the 'Design' tab. this is where you edit the page layouts.

2. Click the 'Page Preview' tab so you can see what the page looks like.

3. Inside the preview window. Click on the page's header logo (or somwhere similar). This will select the 'ExternalDesign' layout.

4. Just to the right of 'Page Preview' tab will be one that says 'Layout Code - ExternalDesign'. Click this tab and you'll see a page of html and sellerdeck code.

5. Scroll down the page until you see the layout selector saying 'INNERLAYOUT'. It be in Pink, all capitals and underlined.

6. copy and paste the the code from my earlier post just before the INNERLAYOUT selector.

7. Click 'Apply' to fix the changes. Then you can preview the changes to see what they look like on your page.

If you're at all unsure about any of this then:

a) Do a site snapshot before you make any changes.
              b) Ask for clarification.

Mike
              Genius! Thank you so much!

Comment

Originally posted by Novicebuild View Post
                Thanks Louise, I am going to have a try at the previous option suggested but if it is too difficult I will try this. Thank you for posting.
                I have applied both suggestions. Thank you so much for your time

Comment

I added a variable which I set in Site Options -> General -> General which I call important_message and then put it at the very top of Brochure Page Body so it appears on the Brochure pages (like the home page and so on) without being an irritant on the product pages.

Check if it's populated before printing it :-)
                  The Patchwork Rabbit

Comment

Working...
                  X