Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Code being Duplicated over site

Hello,

I'm trying to add some code in to our website and once I have added it. It seems to populate over the whole sections of the site.

Is there away round this?

Many thanks

Ian

The code that I am adding, well there is two currently.

One is a canonical tag, which was added to one of the section pages. which populated over the whole site.

The other is, building a new page for our products and wanting to add a button table on the page under the page title. With the products under the table.

Haven't got an examples to show just yet, I'm afraid.

Hopefully that description helps.

Many thanks

Ian

Comment

It could be you are placing code into a layout which would display code on all pages. You could add a fragment and put the code into the text field.
      Peblaco

Comment

Thanks.

It on a Catalog page that I am trying to add canonical tag to, is there away of doing that?

Many thanks

Comment

I am adding it to this to the catalog page that we have:

http://www.livinghouse.co.uk/acatalog/index.htm

As Google is seeing it as another home page.

Please see the attached screen shot, showing where the code has been placed.

Many thanks
          Attached Files

Comment

You have two options. A .htaccess with 301 redirect to the home page. Or canonical tag for store folder index page you can use a blockif for top level section:
            <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22SectionLevel%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20%270%27" > Canonical tag </actinic:block>
            Peblaco

Comment

Super thanks!

Comment

Please note, if you are using SellerDeck filtering “make filtering the default view” the page uses a cgi-bin link and it needs 301 redirects or a canonical tag, however the canonical tag can't use variables store folder and page name for filtered pages as it affects search engines listings as they are unable to index content. See: http://community.sellerdeck.com/showthread.php?t=55375
                Peblaco

Comment

Working...
                X