No announcement yet.

css help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you are doing all your work in Dreamweaver then putting the code into SellerDeck you are probably going to experience problems because SellerDeck has a lot of it's own CSS styles which will apply to the code and may be overwriting your styles. It would be better for you to put your CSS into the SellerDeck CSS style sheet and do the layout work in the design tab to preview how the page will work, rather than work separately and then transfer it.

There are lots of SellerDeck CSS styles which will apply default styles to things like tables, images, floats, margin, padding, heading tags (H3), link states, colours etc. So you would either need to change the defaults or write your own CSS classes and apply them to your code so that it overwrites the default styles.

If you have not purposefully put in any special characters then try removing the word and applying then re-type it and apply. If you have copied the text from another document it could be possible that some type of styling did not convert correctly.
    Peblaco

Comment

Originally posted by Joanne123 View Post
      The radius on the 4 main images - 3 ofthem disappear.s
      The corners are not showing as you are clipping the image with the css ..

content-area img : 0 10px 10px 0

Your CSS on the .maincategories a img is also incorrect as you need to specify PX after the dimensions ... but in this case adding a height and width is not needed and should be removed to avoid resizing the images via the stylesheet

Bikster
      SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan Rounding View Post
        In your dreams John.
        Some dream of fast cars and faster women ... I dream of an easier life designing websites

Bikster
        SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Hi

Thank you for all the help
          Originally posted by peblaco View Post
          If you are doing all your work in Dreamweaver then putting the code into SellerDeck you are probably going to experience problems because SellerDeck has a lot of it's own CSS styles which will apply to the code and may be overwriting your styles. It would be better for you to put your CSS into the SellerDeck CSS style sheet and do the layout work in the design tab to preview how the page will work, rather than work separately and then transfer it.

There are lots of SellerDeck CSS styles which will apply default styles to things like tables, images, floats, margin, padding, heading tags (H3), link states, colours etc. So you would either need to change the defaults or write your own CSS classes and apply them to your code so that it overwrites the default styles.
          I have modified my css in sellerdeck now and I have it more or less as I want it (but not perfect)

Originally posted by peblaco View Post
          If you have not purposefully put in any special characters then try removing the word and applying then re-type it and apply. If you have copied the text from another document it could be possible that some type of styling did not convert correctly.
          I did as you said here too, and all is now well, thank you.
          Thank you
          Kind regards
          Joanne

www.ukcurtainpoles.co.uk

Comment

Hi

Thank you for your help too.

Originally posted by jont View Post
            The corners are not showing as you are clipping the image with the css ..

content-area img : 0 10px 10px 0

Your CSS on the .maincategories a img is also incorrect as you need to specify PX after the dimensions ... but in this case adding a height and width is not needed and should be removed to avoid resizing the images via the stylesheet
            I made these changes and all is now good. Thank you
            Thank you
            Kind regards
            Joanne

www.ukcurtainpoles.co.uk

Comment

Working...
            X