Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PROTX Errors

Hi all,

I have just integrated PROTX with Actinic 8.5 and during the transfer to PROTX I keep getting the following error message. So far PROTX have passed the error to Actinic and Actinic support also can shed no light on this issue.

Has anyone experienced the same error? At present the site is hosted on VERIO and the closest I hjave come to an answer is a callback failure somewhere between PROTX and the Server.

Wild guesses also considered? ;-)

There was an error contacting the Vendor Site.

An Error Has Occurred on this page!
    The Error Number is: -2147483638
    The Description given is: The data necessary to complete this operation is not yet available.
    Please contact protx about this error.

I had problems with Protx and it turned out to be todo with OCCPROTXScriptTemplate.pl

(find in CommonOCC folder - there are 2 one in Sites and one in Actinic v8.)

Have you checked the details in this section:

######################################################################
    # PROTX VPS Specific constants here
    ###########################################

In my case it was set to testvendor and test, and I had to input my email and Protx Encrytion Key.

You need to change this in 2 places.

1) In the Site Folder in OCCPROTXSCriptTemplate.pl
    2) In the Actinic V8 folder where there is another OCCPROTXScriptTemplate.pl

If like me you are running several shops, it means making multiple changes, but the Actinic V8 version is The Master and overwrites all the other.
    Sally Dickson
    Creative Catalogues Online - Brands & E-shops

E-shops:
    The Official Paddington Bear Shop
    The Official Bang on the Door Shop
    The Official Flower Fairies Shop
    The Official Miffy shop
    The Official Maisy Shop

Also: www.toysandgifts.co.uk
    www.jeuxetcadeaux.fr
    Ebay
    Amazon:

Comment

Richard, if it is a call back error, then you host maybe stopping the posting of the payment file on your servers, well thats the way i see it.

Jo at pinbrook will know more about this than me

D

Comment

PROTX Issues

Hi,

Yes I had a look at the hosts.allow file and it is still in default state so do not think this is the issue. The Info & registration page for initially configuring Actinic also points to an old page with broken links to a non-existant admin area for refunds. We updated the info from testvendor/cheescake with the clients credentials (thank you Sally) and although we still get the error message Protx get the transaction, actinic gets the order, the client gets the receipt and we can now do refund.

Again this is still not ideal as the error message is very misleading from a buyers point. Protx also seem to be having big problems at the moment with their system upgrade so this also could possibly be part of the problem.

We are hoping now that we can do into production this may resolve the issue by probably not a good time due to the Protx upgrade.

Comment

Working...
        X