Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Setup Guide for SagePay (formerly PROTX)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Setup Guide for SagePay (formerly PROTX)

Hello Everyone,

If you are using Sage Pay/PROTX as a Payment Service Provider, you will find the following handy.

Setting up your Actinic cart

Once you have logged in to your Actinic admin area you need to select the 'Payment and Security' tab within 'Business Settings'.

1. Payment options in Actinic are managed through the Business Settings. The Business Settings are accessed from the Settings menu in Actinic v9 and Actinic v8, and the View menu in Actinic v7 and earlier.

2. In the Business Settings, select the Payment and Security tab, then click the + icon in the top left-hand corner.

3. Select Protx (Sage Pay in v9.0.5) from the drop-down menu.

4. Click Configure Method, enter your Sage Pay ID and Secret Key (if you are using version 9.0.5. or later, you will also enter your encryption password and contact email here), and click OK. Then click OK again. Update your web site, and your store will now be configured to offer Sage Pay as a payment method.

If you are using version 9.0.5 or later of the software, integration is complete and will become active once you have uploaded.

How to set-up your Sage Pay integration with Actinic

Entering your Protx Encryption Password

Please note if you are using version 9.0.5 or later this is no longer required

To enter your encryption password please go to the 'OCCUpgrade' directory which can be found at 'C:\Program Files\Actinic vX' (where 'x' is the version number of the software). Within this directory you will find a folder called 'CommonOCC'.

Find the file called 'OCCProtxScriptTemplate.pl' and open it with text editing software, such as 'Notepad'.

Once you have opened this file, look for the following lines of

code:

Enter your user specific 'Encryption Password' in the $sPassword field replacing testvendor.

If you wish to receive e-mails from Sage Pay when a transaction is completed, cancelled, not authorised etc. then enter your e-mail address in the $sConfirmationEMail field - If you don't want them, leave it blank.

Updating OCC Upgrade file

The final step is to change the version number in the 'OCCUpgrade.ini' file, found in the 'OCCUpgrade' directory ('C:\Program Files\Actinic vx' where 'x' is the version number). In some versions of windows the file is only displayed as 'OCCUpgrade', but you can check by looking at the properties. Open it in a text editor as you did when updating the 'OCCProtxScriptTemplate.pl' file.

At the top of this file you will see the following text:
    [Version]
    Number=1045 (for example)

Increment this Number by 1 (so if it was 1045 for example, you will need to change the value to 1046) and save the file.

Close down Actinic
    You should now close down Actinic and open it again. When you open Actinic again, you will see a message to say your payment service providers have been updated. You should accept this change and then continue.

Upload your web site
    Once you have entered all the appropriate information you will need to re-upload your modified web site to your web server. This will then enable you to carry out test transactions against the Sage Pay payment gateway.

========================================

Frequently Asked Questions

What if I don't have my vendor name and secret key yet?
    A unique Vendor name and password are provided when Protx create a test account for you. This data is emailed to the contacts registered on the account. Please email support@protx.com if you need reminding of your passwords.

You must ensure that you have registered for an account with Protx, otherwise you will not be able to go Live. You can register for an account using the following URL: https://support.protx.com/apply/

I get an error message saying 'The VendorTxCode field may be missing or you may have used an incorrect encryption password'

This is normally caused by the encryption password being entered incorrectly in OCCProtxScriptTemplate.pl. The encryption password is the 16-character string that will look something like:

IopFg1GhwzQSFhIm

This should not be confused with the Actinic Secret Key or Admin password. If you need reminding of your passwords please email support@protx.com

When I download my orders I get an 'Invalid Signature' status.

This is caused by the Actinic Secret Key being entered incorrectly. The Actinic Secret Key is the 12-character string that will look something like:

KotwWr56RtaW

This should not be confused with the Encryption Password, which is 16 characters in length. If you need reminding of your passwords please email support@protx.com

My Vendor name appears on the Payment pages where it says "To Pay For". How can I change this?

Within Actinic, the default settings pick up the Actinic MerchantID, (which is your Sage Pay Vendorname). To change the name that appears after the text "To Pay For" on the Sage Pay payment pages you will need to change the following at your end:
    1. OCCProtxScriptTemplate.pl file

You will need to amend the OCCProtxScriptTemplate.pl file located within your actinic directory. (OCCUpgrade/commonOCC/)

You will need to find the following bit of code:

$sCrypt .= "Description=Items from ". $sMerchantID . "&";

and change to:

$sCrypt .= "Description=Items from YOUR CHOICE OF WORDING&"; (make sure that the &"; remain)
    2. Then save the file.
    3. occupgrade.ini file

Look for the following file within your Actinic directory (OCCupgrade /occupgrade.ini)

Open the file and increase the version number by 1 (so if it was 1045 for example, you will need to change the value to 1046) Then save the file.

(This acknowledges the changes you made in 1.)
    4. Open up your Actinic again and it should mention that a change has been made to your PSP.
    Why does the OCCPROTXScriptTemplate.pl file in the site folder get overwritten when you increment the version number on the 'OCCUpgrade.ini' file.

This happens because when you increment the version number of the 'OCCUpgrade.ini' file and then restart Actinic, it overwrites the site 'OCCPROTXScriptTemplate.pl' with the Original copy from within 'C:\Program Files\Actinic vx\OCCUpgrade\CommonOCC' (where 'x' is the version number of the software).

For users with Single Sites:
    When changing from 'Test' to 'Production' mode In Sage Pay you need to make the required changes on the 'OCCPROTXScriptTemplate.pl' file that resides within 'C:\Program Files\Actinic vx\OCCUpgrade\CommonOCC' (where 'x' is the version number of the software). Then if you increment the version number on the 'OCCUpgrade.ini' file you will find that you need not make any changes to the site script template. This is where some integrations fall down.

For users with/ managing Multiple Sites:
    When changing from 'Test' to 'Production' mode at Sage Pay you need to make the required changes on the 'OCCPROTXScriptTemplate.pl' file that resides within the {site}/CommonOCC folder. You will however have to redo the {site}/CommonOCC on incrementing the version number of the 'OCCUpgrade.ini' file for reasons mentioned above. Especially if each site has a different account.

================================

There are a number of knowledgebase articles that will help you with various aspects of this process.
    Preparing Actinic for the Rebranding of PROTX to Sage Pay
    How can I set up my store to use Protx/Sage Pay? (Pre version 9.0.4)

I hope this helps with configuring Sage Pay to work with Actinic,

Kind regards,
    Last edited by KB2; 23-Mar-2010, 12:24 PM. Reason: Updating kb links
    Bruce King
    SellerDeck

Upgrading to New Versions

Remember that if you are upgrading to a new version of Actinic, you will need to reapply the changes made to the 'OCCProtxScriptTemplate.pl' once again.

Comment

Working...
    X