Google Checkout Workaround ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Google Checkout Workaround ?

I have been looking at my Google checkout account and see that it is possible to send an invoice to a customer.

As a workaround, could we not set up a cheque payment option renamed as Google Checkout and when an order is received you manually send an invoice.

I would however only want to do this if you could still have the Google checkout logo on your adwords adverts and still get the discounts currently on offer for using both adwords and Google.

Any views on whether this would be possible.

Kind regards

Jason
    Regards

Jason

Titan Jewellery (Swift Design)
    Zirconium Rings
    Damascus Steel Rings

I noticed that too, Jason, and thought the same thing.
    I don't see why it couldn't be presented as an option. the only downside is that it means a time delay between order placing, invoicing and payment compared to doing it instantly so I would be dubious about how many customers would actually take it up.

Having said that, it doesn't cost anything to add it this way so I don't see what harm it could do.

Whether you would still be able to use the GC logo on adwords etc would be down to Google's Policy though, I suppose.
    Tracey

Comment

I have now added this.

I changed the wording for the choice to read Google Checkout (Payment via Invoice)

I have tested and it seems to work fine although I am waiting to confirm my bank details before I can go live with it.

Kind regards

Jason
      Regards

Jason

Titan Jewellery (Swift Design)
      Zirconium Rings
      Damascus Steel Rings

Comment

Jason, I have a word of warning about offering GC this way.

I (wrongly, but I'll explain in a minute) received this email from GC a few days ago

Place Google Checkout buttons before your login page. Buyers should only have to provide their purchasing information once. If you require users to register or sign in to your site, you must ensure Google Checkout and Buy Now buttons are available before the login process so buyers are able to check out with Google Checkout without having to log in. (You may still track visits and personalise pages using cookies.)

Google Checkout is not a form of payment that replaces or is equivalent to existing payment types and must not be presented as such. Buyers using the ecommerce provider's standard checkout flow should not, therefore, encounter a payment field dropdown with Google Checkout listed alongside payment types like Visa, MasterCard, American Express, etc. Instead, the buyer should have the option of selecting Google Checkout as a distinct checkout flow. You may only use Google-hosted button images. You may not alter the size, shape, color or any other aspect of these images. e.g .Google Checkout should not be listed in a drop-down menu or as a radio button. Additionally, Google Checkout must be presented as an alternative checkout flow, not a payment type akin to Visa, personal checks etc.
        From this, it implies that they don't allow you to offer as an additional payment type, it has to be the WHOLE checkout.

I'm not sure what prompted them to send me this because, at the time, I was only offering it on a single product where I had added a buy now button example here
        It's a very popular item, 99% of the time bought on its own, so I thought I'd test the water. I've sold one through there since too.

I was just playing with it really but it won't hurt to keep it there.
        When I responded to G explaining my set up, they retracted their complaint LOL

I'm not sure you'd be so lucky if they picked up on it though.
        Just thought I'd mention it
        Tracey

Comment

Just to reserect this... is there a manual work around for this at all? Can anyone post a guide?

Comment

Originally posted by Folk
            Just to reserect this... is there a manual work around for this at all? Can anyone post a guide?
            Anyone using it at all?

Comment

Working...
            X