Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which PSP?

Hi,

I'm new to all this and was hoping to gain from anyones experiences with PSP's?

Ideally what I want is to have a checkout where the payment goes to a PSP without them knowing about it..i.e. thinking the transaction is all happening within the site.

I've had a browse through the previous posts but can't find anything on this or generic PSP benefits.

I just tried adding the basic Paypal option and when the customer selects the payment method it has the option for Paypal which I think may put a lot of people off as I would expect to just see an option for Credit Card / or maybe not even any options as I only want to accept credit / debit card payments so would expect them to just enter the details and away they go.

Is there anyway to achieve the above and what is the best PSP to use / i.e. best value for money - I guess my transactions would be in the region of an average of £40.

Thanks!

Mike

Is there anyway to achieve the above
    Not really - what you are describing is using SSL on your site to capture the credit card details and then you process offline. This is now being dissallowed and the move is towards online psp where you never see the credit card details.

IMO it is better to be transfered to HSBC website and enter details there - that is far more confidence inspiring than entering details on a site that is going to download them and keep them who knows where.

Comment

Thanks but a bit confused...

Was just reading up on the Paypal Website Payments Pro which promotes the fact that customers can pay directly on my website but the payment is actually processed by Paypal in the background?

They also advise that the functionality is already integrated to the Actinic Shopping Cart?

Is this actually the case? - Has anyone used this?

Comment

Is this actually the case? - Has anyone used this
        Do a search and you will see that PPP does have some problems

Comment

Thanks for the heads up Malcolm...are there any other PSP's that include 'invisible' processing behind the background like PP but without the problems?

You mentioned HSBC, but isn't this quite hard to get..just had a look at their website and you seem to need a business account with them etc?

Cheers

Comment

HSBC is not invisible - the best one is epdq IMO as you get a page which you download and customise to match. Lots of info on the forum though about PSPs.

Comment

what you are describing is using SSL on your site to capture the credit card details and then you process offline. This is now being dissallowed and the move is towards online psp where you never see the credit card details.
              SSL is not in the process of being disallowed. If you use it there will be other security measures you will have to put into place before getting PCI compliance. The first one will be hosted on PCI compliant servers - not all hosts will be offering this.

There are several popular PSPs eg HSBC, secure trading,protx, secpay, worldpay, netbanx, ppp, nochex. You will need to contact each one as processing fees depends on turnover, businesstype and so on.

PPP is the only one amongst the above that is invisible to customers, but in my view using a visible PSP has its advantages as some potential customers will want to see how their card is being processed. Personally I shy away from small businesses unless they use a visible PSP, as i am unsure how my card details are secured on their PCs. Use a major PSP and i have better assurance over the security of my data

Comment

Originally posted by MikeTurner
                You mentioned HSBC, but isn't this quite hard to get..just had a look at their website and you seem to need a business account with them etc?

Cheers

With the exception of Paypal and Worldpay you will need a Merchant account to be able to set up with the other PSP's

A lot of small startups have used Worlppay in the past as the dont require the Merchant account but are or at least were more expensive than the likes of Protx etc but their major drawback in many peoples eyes is the long time between a customer buying something from you and you getting paid about three weeks (though this does reduce after about six months and longer to about a week

The above relateing to Worldpay is from my history so may well have been changed over last couple of years
                Chris Ashdown

Comment

process of being disallowed
                  i should have said discouraged by the increase in regulations as jo says. IMO SSL is past its best and I like jo will never put my details into an ssl secured site.

Comment

A lot of small startups have used Worlppay in the past as the dont require the Merchant account but are or at least were more expensive than the likes of Protx etc but their major drawback in many peoples eyes is the long time between a customer buying something from you and you getting paid about three weeks (though this does reduce after about six months and longer to about a week
                    You can chosoe to use WP is 2 different ways

1 without a merchant acct, where the rate is about 4.5% (similar to PPP) and to start at 28 days settlement, which you can get reduced at 6 monthly intervals

2 with a merchant acct, the rate is then more competitive and 3 days to settle.

Option 2 is where WP can complete and where where you balance the cost against reliability.

Comment

Hi,

Protx offer an API service called VSP Direct which would allow you to capture CC details on your own SSL Cert page and submit them to our server - all the while the customer will not be aware of the communication in the background and will remain on your website.

Currently Actinic will function only with our VSP Form service which is reliant on the customer transfer to a Protx branded payment page (with the potential to modify, if you want your own aesthetic stamp).

Kind regards,

Joe
                      Protx
                      Sage Pay Support

Comment

Working...
                      X