PayPal Pro - PayPal Premier.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PayPal Pro - PayPal Premier.

Can anyone answer a quick question -- I cannot find any information on this on the PayPal site, or on the forum.

Is a PayPal Premier account, the same as a PayPal Pro account?

Can a PayPal Premier account be used to accept payments without going through to PayPal?

Thanks guys, and gals!

Simon
    Simon Williams
    Actinic Designer v.8.5.2.0.0.0.HMVA

Thanks Gravity -- I look forward to setting that up !!!
    Simon Williams
    Actinic Designer v.8.5.2.0.0.0.HMVA

Comment

accept card payments on your site
      You can also do this with an ordinary papal business account

Comment

thought that was the whole idea of PPP
        Ive never really seen the advantage of PPP (it does not work too well with Actinic - but the virtual terminal is usefull) - you have for the last couple of years been able to accept credit cards with a business PP account - just create the account and put the email details in actinic and off you go.

Comment

the point was that to accept credit cards on your site, without leaving to go to Paypal, this is only possible in PPP, isn't it
          You tell me - ive not seen a site that has got it working.

Comment

the point was that to accept credit cards on your site, without leaving to go to Paypal, this is only possible in PPP, isn't it?
            PPP should allow you to take CC payments on your site without the need for the customer having to go to paypal - this is true, but you do need an SSL cert to do this.

However in order to offer this you also have to offer PP too, there are mandatory PP logos and click to pay with PP within the checkout. Thus it becomes a confusing mess for a potential purchaser.

Comment

Originally posted by pinbrook
              Thus it becomes a confusing mess for a potential purchaser.
              Aside from the teething problems getting it to work, the above point is very pertinent IMO, it's just plain confusing to look at. Buttons here and there, poorly integrated into the checkout and just looks a right mess to my eyes.

If i ever see a PPP checkout page, all i can think is WTF do i choose here and end up trying both to make sure i'm not missing anything. I can see nothing positive about this integration at all, given it is being advertised with a promotional offer on their site, this only turns me off more personally, cos whether right or wrong, i perceive they are in cahoots and that for me is not good. I see a promotion like that and i i think suitcases of money swapping hands at motels.

Comment

Originally posted by leehack
                I see a promotion like that and i i think suitcases of money swapping hands at motels.
                What annoys me more is these bloody emails telling me about it and how great it is. Hmmmm, nah thanks make it cheaper or free and i might consider it, mind you im still not convinced i would get the same protection against charge backs and fraud

D

Comment

Working...
                X