Loosing money with Protx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loosing money with Protx

Since changing over to the new Authorise system with Protx we are finding that many orders are failing once payment is released.

Under the Preauth system the card details would either pass or fail immediately so the customer knew where they stood. With the new system no checks are carried out and you only find out if there is a problem when you release payment.

About 15% of our recent payments have failed upon release which means making phone calls to customers to obtain card details over the phone. Some, understandably are concerned with the situation and cancel the order. The worst case last week was a customer cancelling an order for an expensive item that is a special order only and doesn't sell very often. We are now stuck with the item and have also lost the sale.

We have another customer who does not want to give their details over the phone and instead reorders on the website, her payment has today failed for the 3rd time.

I know these errors are caused by the customer not filling the forms in correctly but I do feel that the payment should be declined immediately saving both us and the customer time, loss of confidence in us and of course lost sales.

Is anyone else suffering this same problem?

Kind regards

Jason
    Regards

Jason

Titan Jewellery (Swift Design)
    Zirconium Rings
    Damascus Steel Rings

Hi

Is anyone else having the same problem, if you have and overcome it please let us know on the other hand if the problem persists please let us know so we can investigate further.

Kind Regards
    Kiran Chandran
    Technical Support - SellerDeck
    http://www.sellerdeck.co.uk/

Further help can also be found at http://community.sellerdeck.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27

Comment

Personally i have seen too many problems with PROTX over the past 6-8 weeks, i think it is time to vote with ones feet. They have gone downhill since Sage tookover IMO, certainly won't be hearing their name from my mouth for sometime - too much crap for too long and a big wig blaming everybody else, despite them suddenly needing another upgrade after another recent large upgrade. Badly planned, badly managed or just bad luck - you the viewers decide.

HSBC has never looked better, plus a stronger brand IMO.

Comment

Thus far I can report no issues with Protx with any of our clients using their service. These include high volume stores and some with a lesser demand.

It would be interesting to see what version people are using, when did they last update their OCC scripts etc to see if there is a common fault?

Just a thought to see if we can identify the issue areas.

FTR

75% ON V8.5.1 HFUA
        25% ON V8.5.1 HZAI (or whatever it is...)
        Affordable solutions for busy professionals.
        Website Maintenance | UK Web Hosting

Comment

Originally posted by Kiran
          Is anyone else having the same problem, if you have and overcome it please let us know on the other hand if the problem persists please let us know so we can investigate further.
          This has been covered here before and is a well-known problem that you can't do anything about:
          http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=32126
          https://support.protx.com/forum/Topic1328-22-1.aspx

Ignore the comments in that Actinic thread by someone who should know better - it's a simple fact that the Protx change from PREAUTH to AUTHENTICATE changed the card handling from charge+reversal (which obviously validated the card details) to a simple capture mode, which allows the customer to enter invalid expiry date or CV2 code. Hence the sudden high rate of declines.

Originally posted by Buzby
          I know these errors are caused by the customer not filling the forms in correctly but I do feel that the payment should be declined immediately saving both us and the customer time, loss of confidence in us and of course lost sales.
          Is anyone else suffering this same problem?
          Anyone and everyone who uses Protx's AUTHENTICATE mode. There's nothing that Actinic can do about it, and according to Protx the change has come about because the banks didn't like the charge+reversal transaction that Protx used. You can either live with it, switch to another transaction mode or find an alternative PSP who supports what you need to do. Either way you should be taking this up with Protx.

simon
          Cult Pens

Comment

Working...
          X