PayPal Expanded Use

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PayPal Expanded Use

We received an email from PP this morning as the total amount that we had taken had exceeded a specified amount. To prove we were not 'money laundering' we have to go through a process of 'Expanded Use'. This is allowing PP to make two small charges on our card then entering the amounts when they appear on the statement. This can take up to 4 days.

Has anyone had this? We need to know if the account can still be used by customers or is it suspended. I gave up trying to speak with PP on the phone. Just like eBay, they make contact extremely difficult.

Bob
    Supporting the environment. This post uses 100% recycled electrons.
    Bob Isaac
    Director/Web Admin
    Volvo Owners Club Ltd

Actinic MS Business Version 8.5.2

hi i had this after 4.5k in a set period
    yes you can still take payments but i think you cant withdraw to the bank till its confirmed

im sure thats what happened to me anyway

but yeah customers can still use it
    Remembering the road to Actinic enlightenment is a long and sometimes painful one.
    Current project:
    cheapadulttoys4u.co.uk
    cheaplingerie4u.co.uk
    Something for the Missus,Something for the Weekend

Comment

I did this with my Paypal accounts at the time I registered the banking accounts and I think it's a very good idea. I even verified my company phone number too - they called me back with a code number that I had to enter in the Paypal site within an hour.

Are you saying that you have been asked to do the same thing again with the same bank account?

Comment

I don't think I selected the right annual turnover when I set it up. I was not sure how many people would use PP as opposed to ProtX. I was wrong. Most now use PP.

Thanks for the comments.

Bob
        Bob Isaac
        Director/Web Admin
        Volvo Owners Club Ltd

Comment

I did this with my Paypal accounts at the time I registered the banking accounts
          don't youi have to do this in order to become a verified business accoint holder? I've certainly done something like this with PP

Comment

We had already been verified as a business account, yet still had to do this as our total takings has exceeded £4500. I only assume it is because I selected the wrong annual turnover range. Maybe they always do it at this figure on a business account.

Bob
            Bob Isaac
            Director/Web Admin
            Volvo Owners Club Ltd

Comment

Working...
            X