Paypal pro fraudulant sales?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paypal pro fraudulant sales?!

Very concerned. Set up Paypal Pro and ran a test on our site. Used my own credit card details but a random address in america. I received an email from paypal saying we had received a card payment.

How could this happen? Have i got the settings right? Does this leave us open to fraudulent purchases?
    Bought the SSL from Actinic
    Any help gratefully received, setting payment as 'invoice with order' for the evening for security!
    www.beyondfrance.co.uk

Hi Maud,

Have you brought this issue to PayPal's notice as yet? I would suggest doing this at the earliest as The Fraud Protection Services, are Risk filters that are free and are by default set to 'accept all', but by sending an email to business-support@paypal.co.uk you can have them set to 'Accept and report' or 'decline' on 4 credit card and data matches
    1) Mismatch
    2) No address match
    3) Partial address match
    4) Service unavailable

Hope that helps,

Kind regards,
    Bruce King
    SellerDeck

Comment

Permanent Risk because Actinic not supplying Address

Hi Bruce
      Can you help... The risk filters are all now on, however every transaction on the website is flagged as a risk because Actinic doesn't supply PayPal Pro with the customers name or address.

Can the credit card capture page include customers billing address to send to PayPal Pro? Can these details be added to any of the site pages or coding OCC templates?

The reality is that we are still left open to fraudulant card payments!

Thanks

Comment

Since this has been brought to my attention by Maud it concerns me too.

I too contacted PayPal business support to ask for the address settings to be changed to decline for a transaction if they didn't match.

However, the address details entered on the Actinic SSL page for a credit card transaction don't seem to be passing across to PayPal Pro. Therefore the address details are not being checked.

In PayPal Pro all billing information, e-mail and shipping address fields are left blank.

Another problem is if someone pays by PayPal express checkout I don't get their telephone number?
        PagesDIY.com

UK Online DIY Store - Tools, Locks & DIY Products

Comment

I am having exactly the same problems as you Pagesdiy. I have contacted Actinic who have now confirmed that this is a known bug which they are working on a fix for.

Kirthi in support told me that the the fix is being tested at this time, but had no date for release. Could someone at Actinic please give us some idea as Christmas is fast approaching and I personally (like many others I'm sure) need to be ready.

Comment

Ian,

This is fixed in 8.5.2 which should be out shortly once testing has been completed.

Kind regards,
            Bruce King
            SellerDeck

Comment

Thanks Bruce. All being well, can you can you give an estimate of how long "shortly" means?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce
                Ian,

This is fixed in 8.5.2 which should be out shortly once testing has been completed.

Kind regards,
                not version 9?

Affordable solutions for busy professionals.
                Website Maintenance | UK Web Hosting

Comment

can you give an estimate of how long "shortly" means?
                  We've got a beta candidate currently going through internal testing. If it passes, it will be put out to you guys before the end of the week. If not, it will hopefully be next week.

Comment

How will we know about it?

Yesterday while I was searching in dismay for someone who was using Paypal pro and address matching. I actually came across allot of people who were complaining of this problem or even more alarming people who weren't aware that the address was not being matched with the card.

How will you let all these people know?

Comment

Details about the new release will be posted here and on the website, and we also let our partners and cover subscribers know via email.

Comment

Any news on the latest version to fix the PayPal Pro problems?

I've had to revert to standard PayPal as I asked PayPal to change my account settings to decline unless the address details match. As there are no address details sent it is now declining all credit card transactions.
                        PagesDIY.com

UK Online DIY Store - Tools, Locks & DIY Products

Comment

Hi Chris,
                          Any further news on the release that fixes the PayPal Pro issues? I'm a new user and have a few other problems too. Wondered if they were fixed too?
                          1) I too have experience the issue that no address checking is being passed.
                          2) I cannot configure Catalog to take an Amex card through PayPal WP Pro! Yet when I 'test' it directly in PayPal Manager, it works just fine. Figure this is something to do with a 4 digit CVV2, which isn't accepted by Checkout.
                          3) Catalog does not pass the Test flag to PayPal WP Pro, so if you try and test payment by, say a Visa card and enter your own details, it takes the money fine! So I don't have a way to Test integration at the moment, either!

I'm hoping it's all fixed. Sorry if I've missed this in another Thread.

Cheers,
                          Steve

Comment

Any further news on the release that fixes the PayPal Pro issues?
                            Nothing more to tell at the moment. We found some problems with the latest beta-candidate, so we'll probably need another one. Please bear with us.
                            2) I cannot configure Catalog to take an Amex card through PayPal WP Pro! Yet when I 'test' it directly in PayPal Manager, it works just fine. Figure this is something to do with a 4 digit CVV2, which isn't accepted by Checkout.
                            Have you set up the CVV2 details for Amex in the 'Credit Card Capture Configuration' window in Actinic?
                            3) Catalog does not pass the Test flag to PayPal WP Pro, so if you try and test payment by, say a Visa card and enter your own details, it takes the money fine! So I don't have a way to Test integration at the moment, either!
                            Unfortunately, for testing PayPalPro you need to contact PayPal and ask for different account details for testing purposes. You can then set the flag to 'Test Mode'.

Comment

PayPal WPP Issues

Originally posted by cdicken
                              Nothing more to tell at the moment. We found some problems with the latest beta-candidate, so we'll probably need another one. Please bear with us.
                              Have you set up the CVV2 details for Amex in the 'Credit Card Capture Configuration' window in Actinic?
                              Unfortunately, for testing PayPalPro you need to contact PayPal and ask for different account details for testing purposes. You can then set the flag to 'Test Mode'.
                              Thanks Chris...
                              Yes I set up and configured the CVV2 for Amex in Business Settings ¦ Payment & Security ¦ Credit Card Capture...

The problem is that the checkout isn't dynamic so if you select American Express from the list, the prompt on the CVV2 still says 3 characters. As it's the only type to fail, I guessed it was something to do with that. I've just withrawn it for now from the list, but want it in the future so if anyone has any ideas about how I can get it working, I'd appreciate it.

Does 8.5.2 actually pass the address for validation to PayPal WPPro, or has the Beta site not tested that part either? I was wondering if that had been tested if we could get a patch until the whole of 8.5.2 gets properly Beta'd. As the potential for fraud is huge at the moment this would be great.

Cheers,

Steve

Comment

Working...
                              X