PROTX No Cart Contents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PROTX No Cart Contents

As a newbie who went with PROTX 'cos their link was at the top of the Actinic PSPs list I'm a bit miffed to discover (too late) that Actinic is NOT currently integrated with Protx !

I've read quite a few threads on the sorry tale of PROTX/Actinic integration but as a new Actinic customer I feel that I have been misled and am now being let down by the "oh we'll put it on the wish list" attitude.

As I understand it, checkout cart content currently cannot be transferred to PROTX. So, the customer payment confirmation e-mail from PROTX contains a cart content header but no information.
    1. To list the full order (cart) content is what would be expected.
    2. To not list the order at all and refer to a seperate e-mail would be acceptable.
    3. However, to have a list header but no list content gives the look and feel of an ERROR and is certainly NOT integration.

Short of manual processing or changing PSP, does anyone have a work-around for this?

As we are live and have customer complaints about this I AM holding my breath for an answer;-)

a recent thread suggested commenting out the line that says "send an email to the customer from protx"

its a "workaround / kludge" but On the basis that you (the vendor) will be confirming the cart contents, its not the end of the world if protx doesn't send an email as well

Comment

Breathe... and relax.....

If I were using protx, which I don't, I would disable the protx email. There really is no need for two emails as the actinic one has all the details the customer needs.

There are a few threads around the forum about ways to do this. I think this one seems to have the answer. http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=33245

Mike
      -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

I use WP and prefer to have both emails sent, I perceive them as having 2 different and necessary functions

1 from actinic it is from the store owner confirming the order
        2 from WP it confirms sucessful CC processing

Comment

I completely agree with Jo
          As a shopper, I would expect a payment receipt and if I didn't get one, I'd be concerned that all hadn't gone well
          I think disabling customers' payment receipt emails is a bad idea..but that's JMHO, obviously!
          Tracey

Comment

Thanks to all for the speedy suggestions. I tend to agree with Tracey regarding customer expectations but may be forced to go down that route at least for now. I'm just dismayed that two reputable (?!) companies seem completely uninterested in such a fundamental service issue:-( Oh, forgot to mention - our site is http://www.food4myholiday.com/

Comment

Personally I don't see the need, but to get back on topic then, what would you rather see? An email from the PSP with item headings and no data or no email?

Mike

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

I'd rather see ANY payment confirmation email than no email.
                Empty products table, I agree, is NOT clever but as long as a merchant order confirmation is received (which, admittedly, is not always the case!) then customers should be able to tell that
                a) their order detail on the merchant receipt is correct and
                b) the order total matches that on their payment receipt.

JMO though, as ever
                Tracey

Comment

PSPs need to be giving the option for an email with details (for non actinic stores) and without details (for actinic stores). I cannot remember receiving an email off any other package which does not contain the details. I just wish these companies would get together and communicate for the good of users, site owners and customers. In 2007 an email with blank entries is nothing short of plain horrific IMO.

Comment

and part of the problem is that Actinic didn't even know about it until we all started mentioning it!

There's clearly NO line of communication between themselves and Protx on an ongoing basis which leaves us, as protx users, open to this sort of thing happening.
                    Tracey

Comment

Absolutely agree with the fact that an Actinic confirmation as well as a PSP confirmation are needed. I've disabled the PROTX confirmation email at the moment because of the issue with the cart contents NOT being shown.

As a customer I remember ordering from a site a few months ago and getting an email confirmation from PROTX with just a value and no order details. What did I do? I contacted the site I'd ordered from asking them to confirm that my order had gone through ok. Unecessary hassle for both the customer and the seller.

*waits patiently for Actinic to confirm this issue will be sorted out very soon*
                      Cell Security Limited
                      The UK's No.1 Supplier Of Custodial Equipment!

Comment

Originally posted by budgetbumps
                        and part of the problem is that Actinic didn't even know about it until we all started mentioning it!
                        Maybe Hungarian PROTX works then, who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by leehack
                          In 2007 an email with blank entries is nothing short of plain horrific IMO.
                          Yes, horrific, poor, etc or as Trading Standards would say just plain not fit for purpose!

PLEEZE MR ACTINIC DO THE DECENT THING

Comment

Hi there - I guess I'm Mr Actinic.

Although our hands are tied with regards to passing the correct cart details, what about a message that says 'Please refer to the email from your supplier for confirmation of the contents of the order' or something? I think this is something we can do from our end by passing an extra parameter.

Comment

Originally posted by cdicken
                              Hi there - I guess I'm Mr Actinic.
                              of course

Originally posted by cdicken
                              Although our hands are tied with regards to passing the correct cart details
                              that's not very reassuring

does that mean we're never going to get these details in the Protx email or it's just important enough to be looked at for the time being?
                              Tracey

Comment

Working...
                              X