Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wether to change to paypal pro

hi,
    just wondering, i have paypal payments at the moment on my site,where customers are sent to paypal to pay.
    is it worth changing to paypal pro, reading all the comments i may have problems and dont want to mess around if it messes things up for me.

by the way i already pay for paypal pro as i take orders over the telephone and process them via virtual terminal.

reading the directions for paypal payment pro, it seems rather difficult for me to do myself.

am i right in thinking that as well as the papal £20 per month fee i need to purchase something from actinic to enable me to use pro on my site.therefore another fee!

hope someone can help.

thanks
    tracey.
    www.petisnparadise.co.uk

Latest version of actinic has all you need to use it (payment and settings tab has the option already there), whether it works is still up for debates although a couple of positive stories have emerged of late, so it may be OK now. I think much of it depends on your shipping methods, make sure you test thoroughly once setup. Very easy to setup and very easy to remove.

Comment

that does give me much confidence i think ill stick with what ive got.
      is there a logo i can put on my site day i take telephone orders as well.

Comment

Any chance or writing that in English?

Comment

sorry,
          is ther a logo or button i can place on my site to show that i can take orders over the telephone rather than my customers paying online.

Comment

I would just tend to put something like:

Prefer to Mail Order?
            Ring us on 01234-56789

or

Mail Order Us On
            01234-56789

The method you use is immaterial, they don't need to know that, just the fact that you offer mail order etc. I have not seen a Paypal mail order logo, probably because it would just be confusing. I may be wrong though.

Comment

Originally posted by leehack
              Any chance or writing that in English?
              Does that smart ass comment apply to yourself too then?

Comment

Very much so sfsdf.
                Although you knew what i meant, i hadn't the foggiest what the OP was trying to say.

Comment

Personally I won't recommend PPP until v852 is released. I don't want to have to patch files to non standard to make it work, I want a tested working solution.

Comment

and i was further confused by why using the phrase "Mail Order" would tell people that phone orders are accepted.

Wouldn't it be better to say "Telephone Orders"

its abit like the oatabix advert, rather than ican'tbeleiveanyoneissodaftastothinkitsnotmadefromwheatbutismadefromoats-abix

Comment

LOL yes very true Jo, it's one of those phrases that has moved away from meaning 'mail' and now means 'telephone', although it is a little confusing i agree. When i hear mail order, i don't expect to get an envelope out, i expect to use the phone.

Perhaps it could be 'sales hotline' or 'telephone sales on' or 'ring us on' or 'order on' or 'give us a bell dude'.

Who knows, i give up.....

Comment

just ask a Yorkshireman?

Comment

Working...
                        X