Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SSL Certificates and Protx

Hiya,

We use Protx Form to deal with our credit card payments, but we have had a few customers complain that when they enter their address details, the site is not secure. The lack of padlock is bothering them so much that they decide to make a phone order instead. I guess there may be other people who abandon their baskets at this point when they feel their information is not being collected within a secure environment.

So, this being said, is there halfway house available that means it is possible to have our own SSL certificate that covers just the shopping basket pages i.e. from Invoice Country through to the Bounce Page? The user then goes off to Protx and is of course covered by Protx security.

Also if you choose to tick SSL in the Business Settings and choose "Checkout Pages and Customer Login Only" at what point does the HTTPS kick in? Does it cover all the checkout pages or just the Credit Card details page?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Amy

musthave : the natural skincare store
    http://www.musthave.co.uk

Ok you can use SSL and this will kick in at the point of taking the customers address and from then on

PROTX is secure so the credit cards details are, if it is the name and address thing and worries you then get yourself a cert and use the ssl

i am considering this myself, as most people do not understand the difference they just know they should be looking for the golden padlock

D

Comment

Working...
    X