Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actinic Confirmation Email to Site Owner

Can anybody help with the following problem:

I have been creating an Actinic website for a client of ours and we seem to be currently having problems with receiving order confirmation e-mails from Actinic.

Currently the site owner and customer both receive payment e-mails from Protx. However, unfortunately all the important details from the order (eg. product name, delivery type) should be sent straight from Actinic, which isn't currently happening.

As the situation stands my client is having to contact customers who have placed orders to ask them which product they have ordered, which obviously shows lack of professionalism and simply cannot stay this way.

As the situation stands my client is having to contact customers who have placed orders to ask them which product they have ordered, which obviously shows lack of professionalism and simply cannot stay this way.
    Correct. You shouldn't be using the emails. You're client needs to get a copy of actinic or order manager and download the orders.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

However, unfortunately all the important details from the order (eg. product name, delivery type) should be sent straight from Actinic
      Not correct - Actinic processes orders within the software. As Mike says you need Actinic at the clients end - its all in the user manual!!!

Comment

it is not April already is it?

Come on...own up Dominic (or should I say Jeremy Beadle )

The assumption seems to be that you have built a site in Actinic but your client is not in possession of even the basic client version?

Over to you....
        Affordable solutions for busy professionals.
        Website Maintenance | UK Web Hosting

Comment

The assumption seems to be that you have built a site in Actinic but your client is not in possession of even the basic client version?
          This is alloed by Actinic Towers - believ it or not but you are allowed to build sites and use the email confirmation as the ordering system - this way you dont need to factor Software into the price and the design company manages the products.

Crap system I know but there are those that have sites using it

Its been discussed several times on the forum

Comment

Unreliable too. Email isn't a reliable system and then there are all those customer who don't return to the website after paying and this don't trigger the email.

It may be allowed, but there's no way Actinic should ever endorse such a setup.

Mike

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Unreliable too. Email isn't a reliable system and then there are all those customer who don't return to the website after paying and this don't trigger the email
              Oh YES - we all know it does not work - hence this thread

Comment

Originally posted by RuralWeb
                This is alloed by Actinic Towers - believ it or not but you are allowed to build sites and use the email confirmation as the ordering system - this way you dont need to factor Software into the price and the design company manages the products.

Crap system I know but there are those that have sites using it

Its been discussed several times on the forum
                Never sold it under this premise and never would, I was also unaware that it was allowed....not good, too many holes.

Regards
                Affordable solutions for busy professionals.
                Website Maintenance | UK Web Hosting

Comment

Working...
                X