Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paypal surcharge intermittently applied ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paypal surcharge intermittently applied ?

I apply a 3% surcharge on all payment made via paypal. This appears to work sometimes and not others. The order comes through via actinic and shows as payment via paypal in the pending payment service provider screen. I've checked the payment reference in actinic with the reference in paypal. I've checked the payment method. The line items section shows a separate line for the surcharge on some paypal orders and not on others. One customer has been charged on one order but not on another - she must think she's quids in ! I've tried to order the items myself and got other unconnected people to have a go just in case it was a quirk with these particular items but the surcharge is always applied ? I've also tried "fiddling" the checkout, closing the window quickly before the redirection to paypal, only completing half the screens but I can't figure out what's going on nor can I replicate it.

I don't know the answer to this, my only suggestion is that it could be amendable by the customer within paypal.?

ie the customer see the charge doesn't like it and tries it on by removing it

Comment

Have you got a fallback/limit by location set up?
      Affordable solutions for busy professionals.
      Website Maintenance | UK Web Hosting

Comment

I thought about the customer changing it but it appears to be hard wired at the top when diverted to the paypal screen. I'll have another go and try and charge myself so I can see if it gives me the option when I enter my card details.

There's no limit to location for the payment. There are limits for delivery. I have taken everything out apart from UK and Merseyside as I personally deliver everything so don't want people from outside Merseyside trying to get things posted.

Jill.

Comment

I'm seeing this problem as well. Some orders come through with the Paypal surcharge on, others not. I've tried stepping through the process and buying something myself using Paypal and it seems pretty watertight, I can't see how the customer is managing to remove the surcharge. Did we get an answer for this?
          Martin
          Modelmotorracing.com : Web services : Twitter

Comment

Working...
          X