Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PayPal - Payments not arriving!

Evening All,

Just joined the forum and really hope someone can help!

Currently I'm using PayPal Pro to process card payments. The problem I'm having is that orders are arriving without payments and the message pops up that the order may not have been completed. I check my PayPal a/c and there's no note of payment and no notification emails come through. I've checked with customers and they get a receipt to say payment's been taken. However payments through "normal" PayPal are still arriving ok.

I've tried to put an order through on my own card and no payment is taken so don't quite know what the problem is.

I have a shared SSL through Easy Space. Would I be better to have the Actinic shared SSL.

I've spoken to PayPal who say the problem isn't their fault and to contact my web developer. My boyfriend has set it up and is sure it's all correct. He spoke to Actinic who say it all sounds OK.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what could be wrong?

Sorry to make my first post so long!

Thanks, Kate

I have a shared SSL through Easy Space. Would I be better to have the Actinic shared SSL.
    I thought it wasdocumented somewhere that PPP does not work with 3rd party shared SSL.
    You need your own cert or maybe Actinic shared SSL

Comment

We have been having the same problem over the last three weeks, paypal payments are randomly not moving to completed, even though the payment has been mode - very annoying. As yet I don't know what is causing it.

We are using plain old Paypal though, not paypal pro.

Regards,
      Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
      Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
      A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
      Product Mash for Sellerdeck
      Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
      Multichannel order processing
      Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

I've had a couple of normal Paypal payments that have done that too, Jan
        Although actually one DID reconcile, randomly, later in the day (several hours later) and I had to delete the manual payment I'd added in (to process the order) because Actinic then decided to download payment (presumably Paypals delay) and give an excessive payment received status
        Tracey

Comment

Thanks for the replies. Will look into it further!

Kate

Comment

Sorry to resurrect this again.

Could someone tell me whether as well as having my own/Actinic SSL, do I need a dedicated IP address as I read something about this earlier? What exactly is it and would I need to contact my web host?

Apologies if this is contained in a thread somewhere - I've been reading through so much I'm ready to cry and I've gone cross eyed.

Many thanks,
            Kate

Comment

if you are using Actinic shared SSL you do not need a DedIP.

if you have your own SSL cert your host will automatically assign you a Ded IP.

if you are using paypalpro you will either need to use Actinic shared SSL (contact them for more detail) or ask your host to install our own (non shared) SSL cert.

If your host does not offer own SSL, you will have to change host or use Actinic shared SSL

Comment

Thanks Jo.

We're just waiting for the Actinic one to be set up so hopefully the problems will be sorted.

Thanks for taking the time to reply, very much appreciated.

Regards,
                Kate

Comment

Working...
                X