Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

V8 - Secure Trading - missing surcharge on some transactions

Hi,

We are having an intermittent problem where our credit card surcharge of 3% is not getting passed through to the Secure Trading pages. In other words, the order total that gets passed through is missing that 3%. It is on the checkout screen, the receipt page, the order confirmation email from us to the customer, BUT it is not charged to the card, it is not on Secure Trading's confirmation email to the customer and it is not on the order download.

Has anyone come across this before? It is happening rarely (only twice in the last few months as far as I can tell) and I've gone cross-eyed trying to find a pattern or any clue as to why it should be happening.

Any thoughts, ideas, etc, greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mark.

Hi Mark,

I've been running a few tests on a default store and can’t replicate the issue.

How did you set up the surcharge? Via Marketing | Discount and Surcharge Settings | Order Level?
    Regards,

Toby Blanchard

Comment

Hi Toby,

Sorry for the late reply (hectic life on the support desk!)

Yes, that's exactly how we do it. The settings are...

General - Percentage is 3 and Surcharge is ticked
      Restrictions - Payment Method is Secure Trading

I have just noticed that there's another surcharge which has nothing set under General but has the same settings as the Credit Card surcharge under Restrictions so I wonder if there's some sort of conflict there? It looks like someone's abortive attempt at setting up a surcharge. It must have been there a while as no-one here admits to setting it up recently. I have deleted it so we will see what happens now.

Thanks,

Mark.

Comment

Working...
      X