Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems with Protx website

Hi folks
    I just wondered if anyone knows of any issues with the Protx website? all the Google links lead to 404 errors... it's been like this for several weeks that I know of. Also can somebody advise me of the pros and cons of the various PSPs out there..A client(without a merchant bank account) is keen to use Paypal but I am hesitant because of a percieved 'amateurish' feel to Paypal, or am I mistaken about that? Any advice would be appreciated folks
    Regards
    Mick
    The Pretty Dress Company

Originally posted by meden
    Hi folks
    I just wondered if anyone knows of any issues with the Protx website? all the Google links lead to 404 errors... it's been like this for several weeks that I know of.
    Regards
    Mick
    Can you elaborate on this mick please?

Links to/from what for example?
    Do you mean login and administration?

T.i.a.
    Daren
    Affordable solutions for busy professionals.
    Website Maintenance | UK Web Hosting

Comment

Hi Daren
      just the links from Google to their info site (protx.com) or have I got a bizarre problem with my browser?
      The Pretty Dress Company

Comment

Originally posted by meden
        got a bizarre problem with my browser?
        I think you just identified the nub of your problem.

The PROTX website is online and, unlike their Payment Service Provision, has been available all weekend.

To answer your other question about PSP perception.....

There are many payment services available, and many that integrate with Actinic
        http://www.actinic.co.uk/services/online-payment.htm

No PSP is 100% infallable, however in terms of perception you probably want to look for a PSP that either has a reliable, trusted perception for the customers (e.g. big names such as WorldPay or PROTX) or that has a very customisable payment page which can be modified to look the same as the website from which people are sent from (i.e. the Actinic pages) to instill some continuity and trust during the checking out process.
        Fergus Weir - teclan ltd
        Ecommerce Digital Marketing

SellerDeck Responsive Web Design

SellerDeck Hosting
        SellerDeck Digital Marketing

Comment

Ok thanks for that Daren, you more or less confirmed what I was thinking about the PSPs. Puzzled over the problem with Protx site tho...even Mozilla refuses to find the site.
          The Pretty Dress Company

Comment

Working...
          X