PayPal Pro Express Checkout - No Phone Number Received

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PayPal Pro Express Checkout - No Phone Number Received

I've upgraded to 8.52 and all the security checks are now done correctly when customers pay by credit card...

The only problem now is those customers who checkout using PayPal Express Checkout. I receive no phone number for these customers. Does anyone know a solution for this?

Thanks, Chris
    PagesDIY.com

UK Online DIY Store - Tools, Locks & DIY Products

Anyone got any ideas on this yet?

What is happening is when someone chooses express checkout they get the convenience of not having to complete all the billing details etc. They simply log into their account and select the delivery address. The information is sent back across to actinic and populates the fields when I download the order.

The problem is the telephone field doesn't get filled out as I guess PayPal only sends across the address details. I then have no way to contact the customer except by e-mail and can't give a phone number to the courier.
    PagesDIY.com

Comment

This is supposed to work perfectly now, they've had 9 months at least to perfect it. If not, get straight on to support and raise the issue IMO.

Comment

Thanks Lee. I'll ring them now and see what they have to say...

Just spoken with someone in support who seemed a bit baffled by it to be honest. He is going to look into it and hopefully e-mail with a solution later today.
        PagesDIY.com

Comment

Just an update: This has now been passed to actinic developers to look into.

11/01/07: Been in touch with actinic a number of times and still awaiting an answer on how to resolve this.
          PagesDIY.com

Comment

Rather annoyingly still haven't resolved this. I have been told the following by actinic support:

One of our developers spoke to our Paypal contact and according to him the phone number is set in the PayPal profile. It can be one of the following: optional, required or do not prompt.

I have been told I will be contacted explaining what needs to be done by someone from PayPal but as yet this hasn't happened. If and when this is solved I will post the solution here.

I am contacting actinic support almost daily now in order to resolve this as we require a contact phone number to pass to our couriers.
            PagesDIY.com

Comment

I think you've been exceedingly patient Chris.

Comment

Finally a solution... The developers got PayPal to contact me this morning explaining what needs to be done.

It is actually a setting in your paypal account which needs to be altered and isn't the actinic software which has been causing the problem.

Select Profile from the top menu

Then select Website Payment Preferences under the Selling Preferences column.

Scroll down towards the bottom and there is a heading Contact Telephone Number. Select the Contact Telephone Number 'On' (required field) button.

You'll now get the phone number of any customers who use PayPal express checkout... I just tested it and it works!

I hope this helps anyone who has had a similar problem with PayPal express checkout!
                PagesDIY.com

Comment

Working...
                X