X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Google Checkout Help

Hello

I'm new to act can anyone help I've looked through past threads to find out how to incorporate google check out but i have come to no avail with it. has any one done this yet? or does anyone has the link to a thread which tells you how to do this?
    If there is a designer or developer who charges to do this with a garuante please tell me and what the cost is?

Thank you

Can't be done, we are awaiting an integration by actinic in the future. If you have looked through past threads, how did you miss the world record one asking for this to be added in the wishlist forum?

Comment

As Lee says how did you miss this http://community.actinic.com/showthr...oogle+checkout

Comment

Hi all,

Does google checkout improve your 'natural' ranking on google or does it only improve your ranking if you buy adwords ?

Just curious because I would definitely consider it, when available of course , if it helped my sites natural rank without the use of adwords.
        Thanks
        Kind regards,

Michael

www.stageprint.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by newshopbloke
          Hi all,

Does google checkout improve your 'natural' ranking on google or does it only improve your ranking if you buy adwords ?
          Depends if you are asking Google or not lol

Comment

Neither but the conspiracy therorists would say different

Comment

Thanks,

I would imagine it would definitely work with the adword links, because it would create a spending frenzy on adwords for competitors trying to get to the top of the list, thus leaving google with a big smile.

If it was prooven to help the natural rank then I would try it, but if not I wont bother.

One of my new competitors, who has nicked my name and simply hyphenated it has gone flying up the rankings almost overnight, I saw google checkout on their site but now its gone.

They also have 2 identical sites with inbound links to each other, I thought that was rejected by google ?
              Kind regards,

Michael

www.stageprint.co.uk

Comment

One of my new competitors, who has nicked my name and simply hyphenated it has gone flying up the rankings almost overnight
                One of the many reasons you should own all the variations of your doamin name.

They also have 2 identical sites with inbound links to each other, I thought that was rejected by google
                Mirror sites - simply report them to Google and let them decide. If you dont tell G they mey never spot it.

Comment

I still need Google checkout, I know actinic are working on it, but does anyone have an idea on when or a rough guide on when we can expect a working product.

I still use PP as a PSP and they are charging me 3% if I could get 1.5 as Google are now charging I could make a lot more money.

If actinic cant do something soon I will have to move to another cart system.

Comment

If actinic cant do something soon I will have to move to another cart system.
                    Actinic tends not to publicise potential release dates - google checkout is one of those things that when its ready it will be ready.

If you really feel it is inhibiting your business you will have to use a different cart.

Comment

Google Checkout

Know the Google Checkout issue has been around for some considerable time and still unavailable. What I fail to understand is why Actinic have integrated Google into it's Express version?! Obviously the work has been done for this so why can't the code be modified to incorporate this into Acatalog?

At the moment I'm going to set-up Google checkout using their invoice by e-mail option as I have no idea how to do this myself at the 'mo. If by some fluke I manage this I'll post script

Cheers

Stewart
                      www.zikzak.co.uk

Comment

What I fail to understand is why Actinic have integrated Google into it's Express version?! Obviously the work has been done for this so why can't the code be modified to incorporate this into Acatalog?
                        Hi Stewart - there are a couple of reasons for this:
                        1. Express is much simpler functionality than Actinic i.e. no discounting, no customer account prices etc - this means there are much fewer variables to pass to Google so there was less development time.
                        2. Express uses PHP and Catalog/Business use Perl on the server so unfortunately it's not possible to port the solution across.
                        Believe me, if we could port the GC integration across easily, we would do. The problem is that doing a fully working GC integration with Catalog/Business would be a huge process and it would mean we wouldn't be able to do much else.

Hope this gives you some sort of explanation.

Comment

"Believe me, if we could port the GC integration across easily, we would do. The problem is that doing a fully working GC integration with Catalog/Business would be a huge process and it would mean we wouldn't be able to do much else."

Chris - does this mean that nothing is going to be happening with GC and Catalog/Business?

Not good news at all if that is the case...

Virginia

Comment

It did rather read that way, didn't it?
                            It certainly didn't sound like much of a 'we're working on it/thinking about it'
                            Tracey

Comment

i just don't understand why Actinic can't integrate Google Checkout or what could possibly be such a huge process, i have a friend who works at a web development company who says they can integrate Google Checkout within an ecommerce site no problem and very quickly and that Google Checkout has a very very simple API so he can't see what could possibly be such a huge process.

My conclussion is that Actinic simply do not want to integrate Google Checkout as for why especially with so many of there customers requesting it countless times throughout this forum and for such a substantial amount of time is actually more the mystery to me.

I wonder if it would not just be possible to simply create a Google Checkout script and add Google Checkout in some way or even simply replace an unused PSP script with the Google Checkout one?

Comment

Working...
                              X