Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Protx or Netbanx or neither!!

Hi everyone,

im relatively new to this but we have been using Actinic for a little over a year now using Nochex as a PSP. They are pretty useless tbh, too many orders fail when theres nothing wrong with the customers cards.

we used to use worldpay who were good but expensive and the waiting for money for 30 days is unacceptable

im looking at protx and netbanx, does anyone use netbanx ive not heard anything about them on here?? but they look quite good and my main competition who are market leaders use them so im guessing there ok, does anyone know whats better netbanx or protx.

regards

David
    www.outdoorworlddirect.co.uk - Suppliers of quality camping and outdoor equipment.

you will get a skewed opinion here, I doubt if anyone has used both PSPs
    having said that, we use protx, the fees are good, but they are now owned by Sage, so who knows what the future holds.

We've used the help desk on numerous occasions, helpful, efficient and solved all our probs without issue. Mainly to check we are doing things correctly.

My guess is that you will only start to know how good/bad they are when you get problems.

Comment

Bearing in mind that you only hear about things when they go wrong but researching within this forum the concensus would be netbanx are good, protx are not so good.

But its horses for courses, alot of people use Protx as they seem to be the cheapest.

Others use netbanx, secpay, HSBC, securetrading

Assuming you have a merchant acct your choices are protx, worldpay, netbanx, secpay, HSBC, securetrading - these being the most popular.

Without a merchant acct - you are limited to WP, paypal and nochex.

You would be wise to trawl through the forum to gain an idea as to how well they all perform, then find out from each one what percentages they will offer you.

Otherwise you will simply get a heap of replies from people saying i use xxx and they are fine. Much like this almost identical thread on secure trading.

http://community.actinic.com/showthr...ghlight=secure

Comment

thanks for your responses, think ill give it a try, cant be worse than nochex
        www.outdoorworlddirect.co.uk - Suppliers of quality camping and outdoor equipment.

Comment

Just don't go with HSBC Secure E-Payments. Absolutely awful. Failure rate since beginning of 2008 has been weekly, almost. We started with World Pay as many do, stayed with them for 6 years, then one miserable year with HSBC which gave us a merchant number all our own. Now we are with Protx and apart from a minor glitch last week (HSBC's fault again), all is fine.
          Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

Protx started off brilliantly, but they have had a lot of down time recently and a lot of our transactions fail. I will be moving (to Actinic payments) as soon as possible but if I wasn't going there, netbanx and secpay would have been contenders for me - but only because it was recommended by friends.

Regards,
            Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
            Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
            A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
            Product Mash for Sellerdeck
            Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
            Multichannel order processing
            Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Working...
            X