"Please Wait" problem with setting up Protx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Please Wait" problem with setting up Protx

Hello. I posted this earlier, under Version 7, but got no reply, and as I am also trying to set up Version 8, I have put it here also. I am trying to set up Protx on my old live Version 7 website, (while working on upgrading to Version 8 on another computer) and have followed all the instructions to put in my passwords etc supplied by Protx. I have read other postings. I obviously want to test in test mode first, and the instructions are to put in the real settings supplied but in test mode.

However, after incrementing the number in OCCUpgrade.ini, re-opening Actinic, Actinic does not come up in the usual way, but the button for Actinic at the bottom of the screen states "Please Wait". An hour later it still says, "Please Wait".

I have tried this several times, but always give up and do Control+Alt+Delete to close Actinic, and find that my settings in OccProtxScriptTemplate.pl have reverted to Testvendor, not too surprisingly, as presumably Actinic did not complete the updating as it never stopped saying, "Please Wait".

Has anybody else had this Please Wait problem and do you now know the solution? I just can't believe that it would take more than an hour to do anything.

Sarah

My reply to myself

Hello me. Not having received a reply, I spent the night tossing and turning and came up with a solution, which I have carried out and which works.

Instead of incrementing the number in the OCCUpgrade.ini file, I left that alone and manually entered the encryption password and email address in the other OCCProtxScriptTemplate.pl located elsewhere (I Searched in Explorer) as the file is in two directories (see other postings on this forum). I re-opened Actinic; as I had not incremented the .ini file there was no problem.

I have performed test transactions and refunds successfully and have asked to go live.

Sarah

Comment

Working...
    X