HSBC ePayments - rejected by FraudShield

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HSBC ePayments - rejected by FraudShield

I am setting up a site using v8 with HSBC ePayments. It is currently in Test mode.

I am testing by going to Checkout and entering my details then on the HSBC screen I put in detials of a valid debit card of mine. On the HSBC screens all looks good.

On returning to the secure actinic page I get a message saying "Transaction was rejected by HSBC. Message: The transaction was rejected by FraudShield"

Does anyone know if this is identifying an error with the Actinic setup, something I need to get the client to contact HSBC about, a problem with my card (I have tried a few) or an "expected" result due to the face it is in Test mode.

transaction was rejected by FraudShield
    You need to read the HSBC Virtual Terminal user manual - by default the fraud shield is set to maximum which will reject most payments. It needs to be set to a level that you are happy with.

Comment

In case anyone is interested the answer to this is that in test mode the FraudShield stops any payment of more than £1.

Comment

that's why its called test mode. You did not say you were in test mode in your op. If you are then you need to contact hsbc for them to ok the site before you can switch to live payments.

Comment

Working...
        X