HSBC E-Payments down?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HSBC E-Payments down?

Have I knackered something or is it down for everyone?

It's been down since around midday yesterday (Friday). I've rung HSBC epayments and there is a recorded message about it. If you hang on to speak to someone they can't give any more detail as the internal guys can't access it either and no estimate on a fix.

Our customers just see a failed page if they try to pay through HSBC at the moment

The epayments team only work 9-6 Mon to Fri so can't even speak to them now

All the best
    Dex

Comment

HSBC Down Again

Hi We're in the same boat! It was bad enough in January when it was down for 24 hours. Got up the this morning.... still down. Just phoned HSBC and got through all they say is that there IT department are working on it!!! I must admit we use 2 payment gateways HSBC and paypal - I think it is time to get a third!
      Adrian Higgins
      www.atlanticshopping.co.uk

Comment

Im sorry to here you guys are all having trouble, i had been told that HSBC was really good and that problems were extremely rare, twice this year is not what i would call a good service.

perhaps actinic need to promote the payment system, would be a good time i think

D

Comment

Does anyone know if the google checkout psp will be added anytime soon.

I think HSBC is to unreliable, i know that i have over £2000.00 of sales waiting to be processed from yesterday and i know that i lost a lot more.

Perhaps we could have a poll as to which psp is the best.

Timmo

Comment

Originally posted by Timmo
            HSBC for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Timmo
              I think the real answer is none of them, there all crap when something go's wrong & they all great when you dont get any problems

Just because you can process a payment it does not make them the best, there are loads of other factors, like customer service, security checks, ease of use the list is endless really.

its one of those things and i dont doubt actinic will be rated the best psp until something go's wrong, unfortunately they will get more stick than the others

D

Comment

After January's debacle and the total lack of interest from HSBC in actually fixing the damn thing, we moved to Protx.

We've been very pleased with them so far. We still have HSBC of course but I took that off yesterday lunchtime when the latest problem became apparent.

Obviously we pay kind of twice as HSBC still takes a rake off for processing through our merchant account, but the amount saved by not having these repeated down times more than makes up for it.

HSBC promises the earth and delivers crap. I have letters from the CEO saying the January thing was a one off. Yeah, right.

Oh and we still have World Pay as a last resort. I'd strongly recommend everyone to have at least two available at all times. Saves a lot of stress.
                Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

When there was a problem with the epayments system in January many the transactions made during the previous day were lost.

HSBC said (abridged):
                  ---------
                  problems on Saturday 05.01.08 which resulted in the corruption of the database .. This corruption also adversely affected all the copies and backups of the database... the only viable option left for our technical team was to restore the database as at 5:13am on Friday 04.01.08.

There may be some transactions undertaken during this period which will not proceed to settlement as normal and will need to be re-input by you.
                  ----------

It was quite a mess to sort out, so lets hope it's not the same this time.

I can't imagine what has gone wrong that is taking so long to fix!

All the best
                  Dex

Comment

jJst listened to HSBC answering machine! - It says roughly, that hopefully it will start operating late this evening... - All fingers crossed!
                    Adrian Higgins
                    www.atlanticshopping.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Adrian Higgins
                      hopefully it will start operating late this evening...
                      Don't hold your breath. Even if it does start up again, your problems are only just beginning.

Make sure you let the HSBC suits know how you feel about this latest shambles.

They said last time (or was it the time before that?) that a) they now had systems in place to prevent such a catastrophic failure ever happening again (which even I knew they couldn't possibly have) and b) they would take on board the complaints about no one being available after hours or at weekends to help.

They've done neither.

If you would like contact details for HSBC big wigs, please email me.
                      Last edited by guccij; 29-Mar-2008, 09:54 PM. Reason: removed addresses
                      Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

Hi,

My HSBC payment has been down since friday and I've lost alot of orders.

I've posted a message on the home page, telling people about the problem.

I'll be soon changing over to the Barclay system, it's alot cheaper than the HSBC one. Just got to work out how you set it up!
                        Legion
                        www.legionofcomics.co.uk

Comment

HSBC is fine.
                          This is the first time I've had a problem like this.

Rang this morning, (Sunday 10.00am) and the answer machine states "unlikely to be complete until tonight..."

Don't hold your breath, but as far as HSBC goes to date... no complaints.
                          esafetysigns.co.uk
                          your instant download portal for self printable health and safety signs and posters
                          ... download once use as many times as you like !

http://www.esafetysigns.co.uk/index.html
                          http://www.esafetysigns.co.uk/acatalog/index.html

Comment

I have HSBC on lots of sites and IMO they are very good - ALL psps have problems and people should expect them to have problems just as you should expect your server to go down every now and then or your ISP to fail.

The internet and your website are dependent of so many outside factors that are beyond our control that in times like these its important to have a disaster plan in place so you know exactly how you are going to cope when it happens - and it will happen however hard you try.

So you need backup payment options in place ready to take over and PayPal is IMO the best to have or you could setup a we will call you for your card details or whatever. But to have just one psp and no plan other than to cry is madness.

Comment

Hi again

HSBC are fine, I just like to save money and want to switch to Barclays. HSBC have only gone down twice in the 3 years I've been using them.

I do use paypal, but I find alot of the older customers don't use it and prefer a bank branded payment server.
                              Legion
                              www.legionofcomics.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X