Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Notification of payment email - address missing

Hi
    I've got a client with an Actinic V8 site running (http://www.beyondtherise.co.uk), they're using paypal as their psp.

The don't use the order processing side of actinic because the items are sent out from a different location so they rely on the email notifications however, they have been receiving two different types of notification from paypal, one with a subject line: Notification of payment received, which gives them the delivery information and one with a subject line: Item No. MF48PN100000046 - Notification of payment received which doesn't give the delivery information. The long number beginning M is the invoice id.

Can anyone give us a clue why some of the emails include the address and others don't?

Is there a way to force the delivery details to be included in the email notification?

Also, in the business settings, send receipt email copies to has their email address in the box but they don't get them, any ideas on why?

Many thanks.

Regards

Ruth
    Ruth Hibberd
    Http://www.ivisual.co.uk Web Design and Development

I've noticed 2 different styles of payment email from paypal too, for orders that come through my website and, tbh, I'm not entirely sure why.

the ones I get most of are the ones without any address information though. More than 99% of them probably. This is how I assumed they were supposed to be.
    I have noticed, however, that very occasionally I get a different 'style' of email, completely legitimate payment, done through the website as usual, which does also provide address details.
    I can't help with why, but I can confirm it isn't just you.
    Tracey

Comment

Hi,

Also, in the business settings, send receipt email copies to has their email address in the box but they don't get them, any ideas on why?
      Do customers get the 'Actinic confirmation email'? The emails will only be sent if the customer returns to the website from Paypal. Maybe you can try a test order to see if it works for you.

I can't see anything in the error log that relates to problems with the SMTP server so it looks like they are being sent ok. If you don't get an email after the test order then you should check either a spam folder (maybe they are going in there) or with your hosting company to see if they can track what's happening with the emails.
      Tracey
      SellerDeck

Comment

Could the difference be that when the customer is forwarded to the Paypal site they have a choice of:
        logging into paypal (No address details forwarded)
        or
        clicking on the link on the paypal page to pay using a credit/debit card without logging in which would apply if the customer doesn't have a paypal account or wishes to use a a credit card (an address is often provided when this option is used). With this option I don't believe 3D secure is used.
        Darren Guppy
        Golf Tee Warehouse
        Golf Tees and Golf Accessories.

Comment

Originally posted by arbshark
          Could the difference be that when the customer is forwarded to the Paypal site they have a choice of:
          logging into paypal (No address details forwarded)
          or
          clicking on the link on the paypal page to pay using a credit/debit card without logging in which would apply if the customer doesn't have a paypal account or wishes to use a a credit card (an address is often provided when this option is used). With this option I don't believe 3D secure is used.
          I wondered about that too, Darren.
          Maybe someone who only offers Paypal as a payment method, and so would likely have a higher percentage of credit card transactions this way, knows?

So Paypal doesn't use 3d secure when a payment is made this way?
          A reason for fraudsters to choose Paypal over a PSP then
          Tracey

Comment

Hi
            Well i have same thing going on with the paypal emails.

1. If a customer pays using there paypal account then there name and address are inculded.

2. if a customer pays using paypal website payments pro, then the emails dont have either he name or the address.

I have tried asking actinic support and paypal business about this but neither has a clue.

Steve
            www.indigo-herbs.co.uk
            Steve Indigo

Indigo Herbs of Glastonbury

Indigo Herbs Blog

Comment

Originally posted by TraceyHand
              I've noticed 2 different styles of payment email from paypal too, for orders that come through my website and, tbh
              Well it seems a common occurrence We are using 8.5.1 and always get a 'Catalog Order Received' when there is an order and a copy of the email to the customer for credit card payments processed by Actinic. If customer uses PayPal then we get the order received email and usually a PayPal email giving the Actinic order number in the subject.
              However we occasionally get a different email from PayPal that does not include the Actinic order number. I assume the difference relates to whether the payment is made via a paypal account or as a credit card transaction. Very occasionally we also get a copy of the customer email if payment is by PayPal.

Malcolm

SellerDeck Accredited Partner,
              SellerDeck 2016 Extensions, and
              Custom Packages

Comment

Working...
              X