Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else finding Paypal callbacks REALLY slow at times?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone else finding Paypal callbacks REALLY slow at times?

Twice this week I've had Paypal callbacks take a couple of hours to reach Actinic.
    What concerns me most is that the order downloads into PSP pending and doesn't upload a new stock level until payment is received. 2 hours between receiving the order and getting that payment back is a long time.
    First time, I thought it might be an isolated incident but I'm still waiting for the callback for an order I received an hour ago.
    I received the Paypal payment email within minutes and have checked it's legit by checking in Paypal.
    I can bet that, as soon as I get the callback and it moves from the 'PSP pending' to the 'pending' folder, I'll get the copy customer email too. I did last time.

So, has anyone else had any Paypal orders like this in the last week or so?
    Tracey

Not recently but paypal.co.uk was not avaliable yesterday the .com was working fine maybe a problem somehwere slowing things up

D

Comment

We have had a few false PSP pending paypal payments this week (it's very annoying because we have automated software licensing in place now but of course it only works for fully paid for orders, grrr).

Regards,
      Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
      Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
      A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
      Product Mash for Sellerdeck
      Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
      Multichannel order processing
      Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Hi Tracey,
        I often find Paypal is slower than PROTX, sometimes by half an hour, very occasionally an hour. As mentioned above, PP UK was offline for a while yesterday, which may account for the recent problems you've had. There have however been two occasions this week where I've waited 30 minutes or more for the confirmations to come through. Let's hope it's a temporary thing- on one of my sites every item is unique, so it really presents me with problems when orders aren't confirmed as there's the potential to sell a unique product twice.
        All the best,
        Ben
        Ben
        http://www.fairygoodies.co.uk

Comment

that's the problem I have, Ben

I've still not received my callback from the order at 6.30 so I've entered the payment manually.
          Maybe it'll come in later, at which point Actinic will complain that it's had 2 payments but I needed to get it sorted.

It's reassuring to know I'm not the only person getting the occasional failure though.
          Tracey

Comment

ok...over this weekend, NONE of my Paypal paid orders have had the callback from Paypal so...I have a theory!

On Friday, I upgraded to 8.5.3..since then, no callbacks

Coincidence?
            I think not...so my question is..has anyone else on 8.5.3 had this problem at all?
            Tracey

Comment

You broke it

Comment

Originally posted by Darren B
                You broke it
                *sigh*

I didn't, honest.
                Although I would like to know if I'm the only one on 8.5.3 having this problem with Paypal.
                Tracey

Comment

Originally posted by TraceyHand
                  *sigh*

Although I would like to know if I'm the only one on 8.5.3 having this problem with Paypal.
                  Hi tracy

We updated our site to 8.5.3 on Friday, the only problem with paypal so far was a duplicate order, but only one payment, however that may be a user problem and not paypal

Malcolm

SellerDeck Accredited Partner,
                  SellerDeck 2016 Extensions, and
                  Custom Packages

Comment

Thank you, Malcolm.
                    Good (well, bad for me but you know what I mean) to know.
                    Tracey

Comment

perhaps its your host

Comment

v8. Paypal Webiste Payments Always Pending - no customer confirmation email in v8

Hi - In v7 paypal worked fine , in v8 paypal pro works fine , but paypal website payments ALLWAYS come through as pending and customer never gets confirmation email , is there an easy fix please ?

thanks

Sam

Comment

Hi Sam,

but paypal website payments ALLWAYS come through as pending
                          Can you check with Paypal that they are sending the callbacks through to your server.

customer never gets confirmation email
                          Do your customers return to your site after going through Paypal? They need to do this to get the Actinic confirmation email, otherwise Actinic does not know if they have completed payment or not.
                          Tracey
                          SellerDeck

Comment

Paypal Call Backs

How do i check with paypal that they are sending call backs ?

Comment

How do i check with paypal that they are sending call backs ?
                              You need to ring them up, tell them that you are using Actinic and ask them to check that callbacks are being sent - you will probably have to provide them with information of when orders were placed so they can check in their logs.
                              Tracey
                              SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
                              X